快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: non-linear beat tickertape

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

cgarissPRO InfinityMember since 2007
How about this. the beat ticker's central section is linear just as always, but the left and rightmost 1/3 is a ramped zoom. That would enable me to beatmatch at fairly high magnification in the central third of the tape, but I could see upcoming breakdowns approaching a long way off without having to fiddle with a manual zoom.

It would look something like this....

xxx-x--x---x----x-----x------x------|------x------x-----x----x---x--x-xxx

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 3:25 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 8:31 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
event posted a pretty picture :)

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 10:29 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It will make long mixes more difficult because of non-linearity of the waveform. I often find the right place to start playing the song with it, and a non-linear distance would make things much more difficult.
It would be better to have a wide area to see the song "from far", and a small area to see the song "from near". The "current position" bar shouldn't be palce in the middle of the wide area but at about 1/4 (on the left) of it, so the user will see a big forward part of the song and a small part of what's already played (e.g. for synchronisation).

This is what I mean:

=Small window=§=Wide window===================================
x---x---|---x---x § XxxxXxxx|xxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxx

PLEASE MIND THIS

Anyway, you can feature all these two options... Mine is much easier to implement (they're just two waveform windows with different zoom, the second with different center offset), but the "fishbowl" one could be done with a math formula like "cos(position)" (this was used to remove the fishbowl effect with polar coordinates in raycasting games, but can be used the inverse way).

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 10:48 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)