快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Article in Promo Only - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
This is really much bigger than just the article btw.
I have been a member on their boards for quite a few years now and have always been the odd man out as a digital dj taking the flack you mention from the conventional djs.
Promo on the other hand has always been a bit aprehensive about loading to a hard drive for any reason, live use or back up. They just didn't want to know it but said nothing and didn't endorse like other companies like Screenplay did who offered mpeg files years ago.

So for them to finaly embrace this technology is a MAJOR step in our direction.
When I was asked to help write that article I was shocked that this was finally happening.
This is MAJOR and means that we are finally are going to get the nod from a big player in the promo music game.

With this in mind, we can only hope that multi format subscriptions will become available in the future to us giving us a choice. This will reduce the work we currently do to ripp and tag all of the music video we get that is not supported with cddb or freedb etc....

So it's good and better in numbers of ways.
It has opened doors for all digital djs and has given MAJOR credibility to our program of choice here leaving the biggest most expencive alternative in the dust....poor fools.

Rick

发表时间 Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 2:43 pm
You don't know how much better I feel reading that!!!

发表时间 Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 2:49 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think its really good but I just hate they way they allways go on about how easy an simple it is!! lol

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 9:17 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes i know what you mean :-)

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:00 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yea it's so easy I've never made a mistake! LOL I don't think so somehow.
Easy is not a word I like associated with music software either, it's a word most commonly associated with software aimed at beginners, I much prefer the term "User friendly" as that is something everyone desires, whether a beginner or Pro DJ.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:08 pm
RubainHome userMember since 2006
nice yes

发表时间 Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 2:12 pm
mark20Home userMember since 2007
hi new to dis need help downloading skins helpppppppppp

发表时间 Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 6:31 pm
mark20 wrote :
hi new to dis need help downloading skins helpppppppppp

please stay on topic

you need to be a pro user for skins

发表时间 Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 7:04 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the reason some people make mistakes in VDJ sometimes is mostly thru trying to do something tricky like a shortening loop. or trying to use the waveform to cue up a song you dont know too well cause ur too lazy to plug in the headphones

发表时间 Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 8:34 pm
It is much easier using a program that counts the beats and shows the wavelengths guys...but good article, can't wait for the MAC version to drop so i can incorporate VDJ into my sets!

发表时间 Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 8:23 am
AslanisHome userMember since 2007
Hello from Germany !!!

发表时间 Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 9:16 pm
wellcome :)

发表时间 Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 11:20 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)