快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Virtual DJ Live

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

First let me start off by saying Hi to all my fellow DJ's. I've been using virtual DJ for over a year now. most of you all may already know me. To all the new members, I would like to say Hi and welcome to world of Virtual DJing.

I must admit, I originally got into Virtual DJ for weddings and other small events so I wouldn't have to carry a ton of records and cds with me. At that time I was not using virtual DJ to Beatmix my music, but as time went on, I found it easier to use with a couple of add-ons that i had to purchase. However, while using Virtual DJ, I was still staying true to my roots of DJing with records at all my night club events. This past weekend me and Virtual DJ were put to the ultimate test - I received a phone call at the last minute to DJ at one of Chicago's largest night clubs where some of Chicago's hottest DJs were in attendance that night. By it being a last minute phone call, I was unable to get all my records together that I would normally take to a night club. So, I grabbed the Laptop and my harddrive and was on my way.

Not knowing how I or virtual DJ would respond that night. It was like DJing for the first time. Not only having the pressure of fellow DJs there, I had no idea how my laptop or virtual DJ would hold up. After the first hour or so, and about seven to ten DJs approaching me asking me about Virtual DJ, I knew I had something good going. Between explaining Virtual DJ to everyone and blending songs, I looked up and it was almost time to close. I must warn you, there's a new Sherrif in town and his name is DJ Audio! and he carries a gun called Virtual DJ. Most people on this forum would tell you that you may need to restart Virtual DJ every now and then - normally I do, but that night so much was happening that I totally forgot to do it. The DJing gods were with me! Virtual DJ performed fawlessly, even with the live edits I was doing and playing with the sound affects. I must admit, Virtual DJ is making it hard for me to stay true to records. This Friday i'm invited back to the same club and guess who's coming with me?

I think there are one or two DJs on this forum that live in Chicago and if so, they are more than welcomed to come and hear me and virtual DJ live at Frankie Z's. Later this upcoming August, I have a guest appearance at one of London's night clubs where I had planned on taking records, but now it will be Virtual DJ. So, for all my brothers in the UK please feel free to come see me and Virtual DJ live. For all the new people on the forum, let me be the first to tell you, yes it is hard to let go of your records, but it just maybe that time.

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 2:47 am
djtrickHome userMember since 2004
Thanks for this post, now I know that it's worth it to have it! I was using cd's all my life, records never because of the country and music I must play (Serbia). But Virtual Dj and PC is the future! Did you used Dj Console?

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 3:42 am
I can totaly see myself in your experience audio000!! ;)

kinda had the same situation where I "had" to use VDJ because of time/gig pressure, making me choose to give it a try..

an I can honestly say that VDJ had been my companion ever since.. I always bring my laptop loaded with VDJ to my nightclub gigs now, and even though there are cd-decks at the club, I never use it anymore... its just too temting and good to have vdj running all night, for great mixes, fast song findings etc :) I'm a vdj slave by now..

and, at start I always had my left little finger on play on the cd-deck (almost) just in case my laptop/vdj crashed... but have not happened (yet, fingers crossed...)

I can honestly warmly recommend this for any dj, bed-room to nighclub... it is a great dj tool of the future :)

and I also see my fellow dj's from my town getting more and more interested in what I'm using, as my mixes are faster and better than I could ever do with my cd-decks..... They come over just to see me play even, because of the rising interest from other dj's ;)

my cd-bags stays at home when I gig ;) lol..

dj in norway

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 3:57 am
djtrick

I used a dac-2 controller with a m-audio card and mtx 350 mixer, laptop gateway m505

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 4:53 am
Audio and DJ-in-Norway, do you use any kind of external cooling device for your laptop ? I used my laptop a lot in student parties and the like for some time, and it overheated so badly that now it just can not run for more than 5 minutes without a fan or something - even in normal temperature conditions. After 5 minutes, it goes into safety shutdown, which is annoying to say the least in the middle of a set. I think I'll have to buy a new laptop eventually, this time with an external cooling system or go for a small desktop computer.

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 8:32 am

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 2:32 pm
Right, I saw that "cooling tray" or something in a previous thread. It looks really nice.

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 2:44 pm
Wow! What a nifty thing. I have to look deeper into that. I don't suffer from 'heated' notebook, but I do experienced problems from surrounding noise. The beats were to hard/loud, so my harddisk drive took a short break. Like the power was cut off on a vinyl player. Of course, notebook related and NOT a problem of VirtualDJ ;-)

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 3:12 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nice to see a fellow Chicago VIRTUAL DJ!!!

I spun this last Friday at SUGAR on Clark and Kinzie!!! (R. Kelly was there hanging out) (It was so nice being able to do an R. Kelly Mega Mix on the fly with my newly BPM'd Tagged MP3's) 4 hour set no problems!!! I never shut down my system. My system used to get hot but now I use a Laptop Cooler and the thing never even gets hot now!! actually I DJ'd Thursday through Sunday last week and I thought that might be a bit of an overload for the system but everything went perfect.

Maybe we can set up a linked Virtual DJ Gig!!!!

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 3:43 pm
NAWTBOY

We need to meet. Come out and hear VDJ and me live I will do the same for you.

发表时间 Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 4:25 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi audio,

I'm just debating wht to buy controller wise.., what do you think of the dac 2?..., is vdj going to support nudge/scratch on the jogwhees?

If it would then could be good :)

发表时间 Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 6:18 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
first, big up to chicago. chicago rules!

about controllers: dac 2 sounded good until vdj2 came out with its dvinyl 2020 support. from the reviews, looks like you can do everything the dac2 does with a dvinyl unit by itself, and so much more if you want (time-coded vinyl, asio soundcard, designed to be evolutive...). The prices, new, are pretty similar for d-vinyl and dac2 (here in france around 550 euros)

today, I'm waiting for the xp10's, but I'm starting to debate on which to choose between the xp10s and dvinyl, dvinyl being cheaper than 2 xp10s. I just really dig the xp10 config panel where you can create your own mappings. if there was the same for the dvinyl controller I'd probably go for it.

发表时间 Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 9:03 pm
Bagpuss

If you like mixing on a regular cd player you will like the dac2.
And if you are like me and can't wait for the xp10 then go for it.

djbambi

I don't know to much about the dvinyl 2020 but for the money the dac2 wins for me.

发表时间 Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 3:51 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)