快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Thanks Again VDJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, this is another one of those gushing messages users can skip. Makes me wanna hurl too. Just to the staff of VDJ and it's many moderators or volunteers on this board who help out -- thanks again for such a great program. I'll be honest, I'm not wed to vdj, i jumped ship from bpm last year and i'll jump again if something better comes out. but i have a feeling u guys will keep up and keep improving and so i think i'll be with you guys for sometime. But just last night I was slamming the remixes down hard at a pretty big house party and all nights folks were coming up impressed with what i was doing, especially that it was from software. many thought i had turntables til they came up to my corner. i've used pcdj and bpm and couldn't do remixing on the fly as quickly n efficiently dropping samples, loops etc as I can with vdj and it's made a difference at my gigs. And I'm only using a mouse, no controllers!! I've had it in my mind all this time that I would just get by on a mouse until good rackmout controllers came out, especially with good tactile scratch control. Thing is, it's been so long in the waiting that I've gotten to where mouse djing on vdj is second nature ultra fast to me now. I'm wonderig now if I'll even gain anything in speed and creativity with controllers (i know many swear by them and that's all good) now that i'm whippin it by mouse so well. And that's gotta be a true test of a great piece of dj software -- that it can work so well even without controllers! Right on folks, good work.

P.S: Occasionaly I make suggestions here and will continue to do. Some have sounded critical, hope not, know it's all done in love. regardless of any perceived shortcomings, i still think vdj tops at this point. Usher: Yeah!

发表时间 Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 12:53 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Appreciated Keyon... We will continue to impress you! We will surpass all other DJ programs and continue to develop like no other. Welcome aboard !

发表时间 Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 8:38 am
Totally agree with you keyon...

Myself still use "old school" cd-players.. (LOL)... but are seriously thinking of going to "digital dj-ing", because of the many benefits....
(1) Easy access to songs / sort songs in a great manner etc
(2) Easy to carry around (laptop bag/small flightcase e.g.)
(3) Makes you a better Dj! (THIS IS TRUE!!.. sorry all "old school" dj's....hehe) - faster mixes, faster find of right songs, better control of music collection, better mixes (you can use your ears - AND eyes with VDJ)

I too have tried other programs, like PCDJ, MixVibes, Tractor etc. But I totally have to say that VDJ is on a lot better track, and have a lot better "connection" it seems to it's users, and develop very fast! AND LAST, BUT NOT THE LEAST, updates are free to it's customers! A great and very important thing! :)

ALL IN ALL - GOOD WORK VDJ TEAM - YOU WILL GET MORE AND MORE PEOPLE TO SWITCH TO VDJ, EITHER FROM OTHER DJ SOFTWARE - OR FROM REGULAR CD DJ-ING.

And - I really thing, that VDJ will kick a.. to all other DJ programs, because of its fast development, being on the right track etc.

One thing I differ on you on, keyon, is that I really like controller. Bought Hercules myself... why?
(1) Better and faster control over the software
(2) When/If scratch jogwheels will be supported, controller is a must
(3) IMAGE!! (sorry to say, but also true.... Getting respect from other dj's, club-owners etc.. so that they will let you play, is part of the game. Digital DJ-ing is still new, many are sceptical.... And showing up with a laptop & mouse seems to not cut it for some "old minded" dj's/owners..lol)

So - conclusion :
- VDJ IS GREAT - and will get better...and better :)
- CONTROL/CONSOLE is a great plus (for me) - and I believe this will be a business of the future - more and more hardware companies will make controllers for digital software, and even more pro controllers... XP10 first, then others :)

SO - THE FUTURE LOOKS REALLY GOOD :)

ALL MY LOVE TO VDJ TEAM!

dj in norway

发表时间 Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 2:29 pm
cool dj homeboy, looking forward to what you guys come up with. the support here on this web page is great.

djinnorway, i'm with ya, controller is the way to go. i always meant to get a controller, was just waiting for something better rackmounted. i've spent so much money on my total system, that i didn't want to buy a temporary controller solution only to move on to something better and waste the money on the first one. i just didn't think dj by mouse would become second nature. i still look to having a good pro rack mouted controller for my next system upgrade.

On the club scene, i can totally see where some traditional places shy from the pc look even if it sounds the same or even better. I don't think vinyl will ever go away; maybe it'll morph into someting else similiar. there's something just a bit more entertaining at some style venues -- depending on the vibe of the place -- seeing dj's spin vinyl rather than cd or pc. But for some venues, doesn't matter course, especially when you can't see the dj booth. I myself as strange as it may sound, don't wanna work clubs though i respect those that do. not my scene. i prefer house parties and odd etc places. so far the mobile jobs i've been doing outside of clubs aren't partial to any dj particular dj tool, as long as it the mix works.

i think my dream setup would have: case of durable but light plastic. pullout from case slim light flat screen that you could put at almost any angle, a low profile rackmounted pc mostly hidden except ports, lighted glow pullout keyboard, space for mouse in the actual case to scroll songs faster, compact mixer in the middle, digital turntables at each end which would have some of the same functions built in as a pro controller, like a combo between Hercules and a vinyl record player. And also some kind of pro controller smaller than dac 2 that would also serve as backup in case pc went down; the controller would have a small lightweight hard drive with essential backup songs and a small screen to work off, song scrollable. kinda similiar to that peavey all in one thing out with the small screen, mixer, etc. and have it all fit in compact, sweet look, weigh less than 50 lbs. and still have some secret compartment access to hold accessory essentials. better yet, the pc system would be 110% operating system crash proof, in which case i wouldn't need the backup.

发表时间 Tue 08 Jun 04 @ 5:40 am
Totaly agree with you keyon...

A spesialmade flightcase for my laptop VDJ system, with a pro controler would be my dream come true ;)

I have even made a photo of my dream flightcase :)
(made it fast, not the best graphics, but shows what I'm thinking and dreaming about....)
U can see it here :
http://www.freewebs.com/djnorway

The thing is, strange as it might sound, having a flightcase that kinda "hides" the laptop, and have a pro controler on top, might just make your "image" boost enough to let you into any club... :) even if your not hidden behind a booth, as you say....
Having this kinda flightcase - and maybe regular cd-players too, just for "fake"...lol.... makes you look pro enough ;)

Even though I play at clubs, we think the same way, agree with you on your thoughts... :) and I support you giving thanx to VDJ team for a great job so far...

Dj In Norway

发表时间 Tue 08 Jun 04 @ 8:55 am
dj in norway, i like how light and compact your dream rig looks like, cool. hiding the pc with a good case lide just for looks not a bad idea. The idea of putting in fake cd players to look acceptable, now that's funny. I can see myself now putting in old broken fake turntables on the side and throwing down some pretend 'spinning' as part of the act. LOL!

发表时间 Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 3:21 am
hehe ;) the "fake" cd-players was more of a joke :) LOL

But I really think making a flighcase would be cool! :)
Thanx for giving my dream credit... ;) hehe

Dj In Norway

发表时间 Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 5:25 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)