快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: hyperthreading

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Does anyone know if there are still problems with hyperthreading? I am fixing to upgrade my machine and wanted to know if i need to find a motherboard than can disable hyperthreading in the bios...or is there another fix? I want the fastest machine i can afford without shooting myself in the foot.

发表时间 Sat 05 Jun 04 @ 8:44 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello,

First:
It should have been solved.
We don't have new questions about this since months.
:)

Second:
Are there motherboards supporting HT that can't disable it in their BIOS? (I don't know, I only ask because I find this surprising)
o_Ô

Thirdly:
Some solutions work without BIOS change:
- execute VDJ in compatibility mode for Win98 with HT enable
- and the best way (DJ Homeboy, post "http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=3278") :
"
You can disable it from the Ctrl+Alt+Del window Heres a quote from our technical forums :
-------------------------------------------------
Run VDJ, then press CTRL-ALT-DEL and find virtualdj.exe from Processes window tab, right click that row and select the bottom item from the menu, this will give you possibility to "assign processor" to either "CPU 0" or "CPU 1". Now just deselect either 0 or 1 and "OK".
-------------------------------------------------
If you disable it from the BIOS you will losse all the advantages linked to Hyper Threading technology. With the manual method you loose the same advantages but only for Virtual DJ software.
"

Good Upgrade and good mix :)

发表时间 Sat 05 Jun 04 @ 9:02 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i'm running a P4 2.8E with HT enabled for months now no problems since 1.08, it is rock solid with HT enabled

发表时间 Sun 06 Jun 04 @ 3:13 am
Same here P4 3.6G with HT. Solid as a R.O.C.K!!!

发表时间 Sun 06 Jun 04 @ 6:00 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djzero & DJ_Manixx : Thanks for this feedback :)

发表时间 Sun 06 Jun 04 @ 8:22 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)