快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: external mixer

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello,
I'm trying to decide between the Hercules DJ Console and Numark DXM06 mixer. I already
have the DJ Console Mk2 and it's got some faults, like the buttons being unresponsive sometimes and the jog wheel scratching not all that realistic. There's also the issue of not enough power to my 600ohm headphones, etc. I'd like to return the console for the numark
mixer but I don't know how that will work out. Will I lose just the jog wheels? How is the sound quality compared to the DJ Console? The mixer seems like a better deal because I already have a USB Soundblaster Audigy NX and can always upgrade to jog wheels later. I'm just concerned about how it will all work with Virtual DJ. Thanks.

发表时间 Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 10:12 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hello, first of all i can not recommend you this numark mixer. It has effects, but it's not high quality. After all you have effects in VDJ! Rather choose 2 channel mixer without efx if you like numark. For other mixers search forum. It's a lot about them on it.

It seems that DXM06 doesn't have USB so it's not midi compatible. If you change DJC for this mixer you won't be able to control VDJ only with mixer.
btw if you want real controller for VDJ, go for XP10.

Second, DjConsole has very good sound card. But some buttons are not so goor as they can be. (i am using DJC just as sound card and because of jog wheels)
It has low power on headphones output, this is truth! External mixer doesn't have this problem.

If yout sound card has 2 line out, you can use it with external mixer with no problems ;)

发表时间 Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 11:30 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Here is A thought, why not keep the DJ console and get yourself A hardware mixer?, you can link the Console up no problem, then the Hercules becomes A dual CD deck (kinda of controller) and you do all your mixing at the mixer, I've used this set-up for ages and it's very good for when on A budget, A very powerful little set-up ;).

You'll then get A loud pre-listen via the mixer as well as 0 latency mixing with higher quality EQ and sliders.

Also you can create keyboard shortcuts to replace buttons that aren't so responsive (particuarly useful if you do gigs with this set-up).

You could see my blog to get an idea of how this looks/works together. Just A suggetion ;)

发表时间 Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 11:55 am
I didn;t like the reposivness from the Hercules DJC either But liked the Idea of having a real Tactile DJ interface.

My advice is a little different, get a good quality 5.1 sound card, and hook it up to any normal dj mixer.

I use a Numark DM 1050

All that mixer is; is an entry level table top mixer But Has most of the same capabilities as the usb version (Numark advertises it as pro gear)

Get a DAC - 2 Controller or DAC-3 (whichever)

I use the DAC-2 and after useing the Hercules the differnce is Night and day

the dac is miles ahead better

As for the mixer - all it needs to do is perform well.
VDJ has good effets built into it and most sound FX built into the mixers sound like crap

DJ Marcel
Resident DJ
Purple Onion NightClub

发表时间 Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 8:08 am
First generation of Hercules console is very unresponsive and have issues.

The Hercules MK2 model works great, and I use it at club for controlling VDJ.
Its super responsive, and have a great soundcard too..

发表时间 Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 3:03 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)