快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: half skip beats - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

please make vdj be able to skip half a beat PLEASE

发表时间 Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 10:40 pm
There is no nead to double post. This gives more work for the team to find new features wanted by users for next updates.

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 06 @ 12:21 am
sorry i just really want vdj to do this

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 06 @ 3:55 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
is this to make doubles easier for you>?

发表时间 Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 12:33 am
yes and also for a....... i dont know how 2 explain it but , lets say a song said "get on my level" and i had skiped a whole beat foward and back would sound "get on get on my level" if i had .5 skip beats it would sound "get get get on my level" and this is called chopping which people who hear me request to hear so that is why i wish vdj had that ability

发表时间 Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 6:45 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if thats all you want to do use a half beat loop. I appriciate that it would be nice as a possibility but i dont think its necessay for most people

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 1:35 am
but that is very difficult to do with 1/2 loop this would make it extremly easy for what i like to do. it should be there anyway if you can beat juggle 1/2 a beat and loop 1/2 why not skip beat. i know vdj doesnt revolve around me but think vdj sells world wide and how many of those people would like to do what i do( especially in houston)

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 7:36 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
not that i care for the feature

"...for most ppl" ?!

:(

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 6:07 pm
Arnold, I think you can use beatgrid effect to do exactly what you want.
Play with it a little, try to use microgrid that has 16 notes not 4

发表时间 Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 6:22 pm
Lopez that could be a good workaround!

发表时间 Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 12:09 am
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've been asking for this feature for 8 months now! :)
Glad to see someone else finally sees what value it would have.

Shouldn't take long to program too since skip beat is already implemented...

I'll even pay for the development time!

发表时间 Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 5:28 pm
They won't implement this because they've already done it.

1. Config > Keyboard Shortcuts > Add
2. Type in the key combination you want
3. All > skip_beat
4. On Default Deck, value = -0.5

0.5 = 1/2 of 1 beat
0.25 would be 1/4 of 1 beat etc

发表时间 Sat 29 Apr 06 @ 2:38 pm
@Andrew87

Which version does that work in?
Up to 3.2 it would only workj with numbers 1 and higher.

发表时间 Sat 29 Apr 06 @ 8:32 pm
Actually I just tried it on 3.4, and it doesnt work.

发表时间 Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 1:06 am
Sorry, I thought that was working when I tried it but looks like it doesn't.

In the meantime you may want to use the edit bpm function at hit x2 (although this will only work for tracks with bpm of less than 100), now when you skip a beat back it's really only half a beat. Just be sure to /2 your bpm before unloading the deck.

Sorry again about the skip_beat thing, I was certain it was working for me =/

发表时间 Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 2:55 am
djsagi1Home userMember since 2007
This is a very important feature that use to be in previous versions, how can you say it's not important? who have time to play when you are working through a gig... I support to bring this feature back!!! ctrl+ arrows left & right like it use to be

second i think virtual dj should buy the bpm reader from abelton, what you have right now is a very amateur bpm reader, it does not work well with live drums like disco nor with anything which is a little bit of an unusual beats, you should have an option to split a track into a few parts, in that way the bpm can stay accurate all the time.

3rd when you push the bpm backwards or forwards you should make the software turn on automatically the keylock, that way it will not be heard (instead of being on all the time which reduce the sound quality and is very heavy on the software)

4th you should add another turntable because some of us love the feature that traktor have, and please dont tell me about the sampler instead cause it is not accurate enough to load a track there and besides the volume on the sampler is very low compare to the decks even if it's on full

5th i think you should copy how traktor works with headphones when u r playing at home, you have an option there to preview the headphones on top of the track that is playing without changing any setting (and in virtual you have to go and change the sound set up which always makes a glitch in the sound) I don't like to work in headphones mode because the sound is much worst or mono when you are in a headphones mode.

now i love virtual dj much more than traktor because it is much simpler to use, but i miss a few key features which helps the dj have an easier life

hopes this helps the team

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 8:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djsagi1 wrote :
This is a very important feature that use to be in previous versions, how can you say it's not important? who have time to play when you are working through a gig... I support to bring this feature back!!! ctrl+ arrows left & right like it use to be

Well done for bumping a post that is years old ;)

djsagi1 wrote :
second i think virtual dj should buy the bpm reader from abelton, what you have right now is a very amateur bpm reader, it does not work well with live drums like disco nor with anything which is a little bit of an unusual beats, you should have an option to split a track into a few parts, in that way the bpm can stay accurate all the time.

Virtual DJ uses a single bpm for the track, abletons warp engine is entirely different. It's not as simple as just buying an engine from Ableton lol.

djsagi1 wrote :
3rd when you push the bpm backwards or forwards you should make the software turn on automatically the keylock, that way it will not be heard (instead of being on all the time which reduce the sound quality and is very heavy on the software)

What did you do in the days before master tempo? What you are basically asking is for master tempo to be active all the time, and you can already do this. With VDJ 6 you could script it to activate when jogwheel, pitch bend and so on are used.

djsagi1 wrote :
4th you should add another turntable because some of us love the feature that traktor have, and please dont tell me about the sampler instead cause it is not accurate enough to load a track there and besides the volume on the sampler is very low compare to the decks even if it's on full

Use an external mixer, that will fix any level problems you might have. If you want more decks, you can run multi-instance for now. I agree more decks would be nice to have, but not essential :)

djsagi1 wrote :
5th i think you should copy how traktor works with headphones when u r playing at home, you have an option there to preview the headphones on top of the track that is playing without changing any setting (and in virtual you have to go and change the sound set up which always makes a glitch in the sound) I don't like to work in headphones mode because the sound is much worst or mono when you are in a headphones mode.

Why would you be changing sound setup whilst playing? Thats just stupid. Setting profiles has been suggested before anyway :)

djsagi1 wrote :
now i love virtual dj much more than traktor because it is much simpler to use, but i miss a few key features which helps the dj have an easier life

I'm sorry, but none of what you have described are "key features"...

发表时间 Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 9:31 am
didnt see the date on the post :)

but I think skipping a beat is a key feature!!!

the BPM engine in virtual and traktor suck, i do deep house and disco and lots of live music and have too many times where the engine does not get it right, so improving this feature is a key

I don not want the master tempo to be on all the time, just when you push the pitch when u r mixing, when not mixing it should be off, when you turn it on while mixing it's always gives a glitch in the sound and that's bad

what i am talking about is when you are working at home from your laptop and try to make a mixed cd, when i am plugged out to a mixer i dont have this problem but i dont have a mixer at home now so a mixing feature like in traktor should be added, it's easy simple and accurate in traktor, that's a key feature when something so simple does not exist (I think)
I dont see the point in working in a headphones mode just to get the mix right and then go to the setting and change it to back to single output just to hear how the mix sounds, 1. it's annoying 2. it always glitch in the sound

and at least a 3rd deck as an option should be in the software, maybe for you it's not a key feature but for me it is, what do you mean you can run multi-instance? how?

peace

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 1:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djsagi1 wrote :
but I think skipping a beat is a key feature!!!

But it's already there, and there are multiple ways of doing similar things!

djsagi1 wrote :
the BPM engine in virtual and traktor suck, i do deep house and disco and lots of live music and have too many times where the engine does not get it right, so improving this feature is a key

The BPM engine is already actually very good; tracks with inconsistent bpm require something a bit different to a normal BPM engine. They require something like Ableton and Mixmeister use. That being said, how would you have managed to mix these tracks before software? By ear of course. Whats changed?

djsagi1 wrote :
I don not want the master tempo to be on all the time, just when you push the pitch when u r mixing, when not mixing it should be off, when you turn it on while mixing it's always gives a glitch in the sound and that's bad

t
If master tempo is activated then deactivated when moving the pitch control, you're going to get a big key jump rather than a gradual one surely?

djsagi1 wrote :
what i am talking about is when you are working at home from your laptop and try to make a mixed cd, when i am plugged out to a mixer i dont have this problem but i dont have a mixer at home now so a mixing feature like in traktor should be added, it's easy simple and accurate in traktor, that's a key feature when something so simple does not exist (I think)

You can use the interal mixer which has level, EQ and so on, coupled with the headphones sound configuration.

djsagi1 wrote :
I dont see the point in working in a headphones mode just to get the mix right and then go to the setting and change it to back to single output just to hear how the mix sounds, 1. it's annoying 2. it always glitch in the sound

The software is not designed for making mix CDs apart from recording what you are actually mixing. With the headphones configuration, you have a master output and a headphones (PFL|) output. If you don't want both of these, you can just run a single master output with no headphones. I'm not sure I understand your requirement though.

djsagi1 wrote :
and at least a 3rd deck as an option should be in the software, maybe for you it's not a key feature but for me it is, what do you mean you can run multi-instance? how?

peace

It's a feature of the software and certain skins that allows you to run multiple syncronised instances of VirtualDJ, allowing you to run more than 2 decks. A lot of extra features are available to registered users; if you register your copy of VirtualDJ you'll get access to them :)

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 4:35 am
I dont think you understand me

when mixing in a headphone mode the sound is not good! i think it turns to mono while mixing, i want to have the same sound in the headphones mode exactly as in single output mode so i can have a reference, in traktor you can hear the preview on top of the output and you can control the volume of both before mixing, you dont have to change anything in the settings to be able to do that

I dont know what music you play but the BPM engine is not accurate with my music, i do serious music with real musicians and the software does not get it right, if the track BPM is not 100% accurate the engine does not get it right, if there is a break and the beat does not go back with 100% accuracy the engine dont get it, with real disco music it's even worst.

what i am talking about with the pitch is not a master tempo, i am talking about when pushing the pitch with the plus and minus, the program should start the keylock, that way the pitch change will not be heard, instead of turning the keyluck constantly

all what i mention is when you work at home from the computer without a mixer, when i use an external sound card on a gig, it's different, because i have more control.

skipping a beat should be as use to be in previous versions Ctrl+ right arrow or left arrow, in that way you can fix a wrong mix in a second, any other option is too much of time consuming and i dont think there is another option anyway, maybe only to do try to do a quick half of a loop, but if u r not quick enough to release it then you are back to square one...

发表时间 Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 12:52 pm
91%