快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Hercules DJ Console

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hello!

I'm not sure if i'm going to buy the Hercules DJ Console...
So, what are the good things of this console, and what's bad??

Thank you!

cu dj sweet&sour

发表时间 Thu 20 May 04 @ 8:14 am
You can look the answers up if you use the 'search' function of the forum.
Generally you can state that the Hercules DJ Console is the perfect thing for Bedroom DJ's. If you want a more professional approach on mixing then you should consider buying an XP-10.

Information on the XP-10 can be found here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/features/hardware.html
http://www.eks.fi

Information on the Hercules DJ Console can be found here:
http://europe.hercules.com/showpage.php?b=0&p=87&f=1
http://www.guru3d.com/article/sound/100/

GnoedeL

发表时间 Thu 20 May 04 @ 9:59 am
Well.... I got a hercules concole....
And it’s really more than a bedroom Dj thing...

Its pretty fun, and great for home practice..

U could easily use it for live gigs as well, at small bars etc, and the microphone input might do well for "talking dj's"...

So it really depends on WHERE u are playing...
At small bars and even small clubs - hercules is ok
If u play at large gigs and clubs, better hardware is recommended.

GOOD THINGS ABOUT HERCULES:
- really small and lightweight - easy to carry around, great for "travelling" pub dj's
- lot of good controls - and works great with VDJ
- ok built in usb surround soundcard
- midi support (not supported all the way by VDJ ..yet?)
- really nice to have jogwheels to catch up or slow down song, so it fits beat perfectly

BAD THINGS ABOUT HERCULES:
- kinda too small for really pro use - don't have standard rack format
- kinda plastic feeling
- sticky and unresponsive buttons (sometimes when u push play, if u don't press right on, it don't respond = no way at really large club gigs!)
- DON'T EVEN THINK U ARE GONNA SCRATCH! lol... jogwheels don’t work for scratchin...

CONCLUSION:
- if u are a home practice dj or pub dj, Hercules is ok
- if u are a pro dj, wait for XP10

;)

dj in norway

发表时间 Thu 20 May 04 @ 2:29 pm
thank you very much!
i'm not a professional dj, more a bedroom dj.. :-) at the moment..
so I think, the DJ Console is the right thing for me..
but scratching with jogweels would be great..
Is there a posibility that there once will give an update for scratching with jogweels??

cu dj sweet&sour

(sorry for my english.. ) :-)

发表时间 Thu 20 May 04 @ 5:47 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
yep maybe someday on the jog wheels.

发表时间 Thu 20 May 04 @ 5:50 pm
If the VDJ team open up for FULL midi support, you sure can scratch with jog-wheels.... and that would be great!! ( HINT HINT VDJ DEVELOPER TEAM! ... lol....)

dj in norway

发表时间 Thu 20 May 04 @ 7:28 pm
i don't understand why VirtualDJ has to support MIDI for scratching...??! Can you explain that for me?? :-)

it's very bad when you can't scratch with the jogweels.. i think: no scratching = no jogweels.. :-)

cu dj sweet&sour

发表时间 Fri 21 May 04 @ 4:32 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Midi support would allow the re-map of the jog dial, and allow them to be velocity sensitive, you could re-map the whole controller to function how you please. Or (this is my favorite part) build your own controller

发表时间 Fri 21 May 04 @ 5:18 pm
"it's very bad when you can't scratch with the jogweels"
- true, and I really thought you could with Hercules, but catching up or slowing down songs with jogwheels to fit beat is a nice feature... thats supported, and hopefully "scratch" mode will to in the future...

AND, would love full MIDI as well :)

dj in norway

发表时间 Fri 21 May 04 @ 5:43 pm
I'd like to say that whether to use the Hercules pro or not is a question of what you need...

I've been a pro DJ for about 14 years. During these years, I've been playing just about any situation possible, from birthday parties to huge festivals. I'd have taken the Hercules on any of those gigs, as the music I play most of the time(synth/industrial/EBM/metal/goth) really doesn't require that much in the way of scratching and effects.

What's most important to me is to choose the right song at the right moment, and to get a nice mix of extremely different kinds of music, and that I can do very well with the Hercules and a laptop. I've actually found that using the Hercules & VDJ has made me a better DJ with more control over the music.

If you want to be a DJ/Artist and create your own beats on the fly, I think that you would need some more spectacular hardware.

发表时间 Sat 22 May 04 @ 10:33 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)