快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: New guy here

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

krazykPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well, I just decided to cough up the few bucks for the full version. I previously used version 2 before on a friends computer and I also own a Hercules DJ Console since it came out. It still works great! If anyone wants to impart some words of wisdom, greets, or whatever feel free. A little about me below:

I've been mixing/tracking since I was a kid on my Commodore 64 and Amiga. I started DJ'ing in 2000. I've made about 18 albums to date, not just remixes but plenty of my own original like Hip Hop, Freestyle Instrumentals, Electronica, Trance, Breakdance, Gothic, Industrial, and 80s like stuff). I've sold nearly a thousand cd's which I made and produced myself all by handing out some promos here and there and then mostly by word of mouth. I used to be a resident dj at a number of clubs in Hawaii, Oahu, mostly around or near Waikiki. I started DJ'ing under the alias Alter Ego and later changed it to Krazy K in 2001. Although, I've got to say lately there has been a number of dj's calling themselves Krazy K so, I think maybe I need to go back to Alter Ego and check to make sure it's not taken again. In fact, at the same time I was dj'ing as Krazy K in Oahu, there was another DJ named Krazy K in Oahu, which I found out only recently and talked to him. It explains a number of times for both of us, when people said they saw one of us at a place the other wasn't.

I do a lot of techno/trance mixing. I like to mash up stuff a lot. Usually, seeing what kind of stuff I can mix in with trance or techno. My favorite stuff is: Techno/Trance, Electronica, Industrial, Gothic, Breakdance/Breakbeat, Classic Rock, Old School Hip Hop, and 80s.

I did a really cool set where I had (have) what I think is probably the first Bethoven's record cut and mixed it with some bumping trance.

But, as most people will say tech/trance can get pretty repititious so, I have been branching out with a lot of different stuff.

My Hardware/Software:
(Sold the Turntables a while ago, still shopping for a good pair of new ones)
Hercules DJ Console (lemme know if you want to buy this, console, orignal cd and manual, and original box/packaging minus the carrying strap...lost it!)
Casio Magic Light Keyboard (yeah, it only cost like a hundred bucks but, it has 88 keys and I just hook it up to my VST's anyway, it's not for live performances.)

Virtual DJ Pro
Great realtime mixing/dj'ing software as you probably already know

Native Instruments FM7
Awesome VST instrument plugin/standalone

Fruity Loops 6
Great synth/generator/loop maker proggy, essential

Sony Acid 5 Pro
This is great for arranging, cutting, editing and what not. It also has built in roll editors and what not but, there's still argument over what's better this or Fruity. I have to go with both. I usually make stuff in Fruity and put it together in Acid.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 5:30 am
Welome krazy k. You sound like you know your way around.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 5:36 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Welcome Krazy K...

Glad you like the software.

You sound like you could teach me a thing or two about remix software and how to use it.

again...Welcome and lend your voice and experience on the forum

DJ CITY

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 6:48 am
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Welcome Krazy K

Best not revert to Alter Ego - they did that massive "Rocker" tune which blew up last year :o) They are well established German Techno producers/DJs.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 10:21 am
Welcome to the family. This is a great place to be and a great group of DJ's who are always helpful!

Take Care!
VDJ Batibiri
Virtual Dj Witness Protection Program

发表时间 Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 5:23 am
What is The user Level?

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 7:05 pm
krazykPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Heya, thanks for the hellos everybody.

and to EselKind...
I'm guessing your asking what does the user level mean? It's somewhat tied to what programs/hardware you have registered on this site, and how long you've been here and how many posts you've made I think.

I put together this really cool album recently called Amiga Tribute which is all these old school mods (mp3's now) but, really neat if you were or still are into the 'demo' scene.

Anyway, Cool Beans to you VDJ users and would-be users!

发表时间 Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 4:15 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Welcome KrazyK as a full professional member to this warm community!

Enjoy!

Maybe you can apply to be a Resident DJ for the VirtualDJ Radio... let me know in the Radio Forum.

Good Luck!

发表时间 Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 12:53 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)