快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Hardware Only Feature

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
computer games help sell video cards. windows xp helped sell the memory [with user switching, and multitasking].

i was thinking vdj could do something similar. have 1 or 2 a very powerful features that would only work with vdj's hardware.

that could make or break the sales but its something to think about.
(then if another software catches up with this feature vdj staff offer a free download to unlock the feature lol. this way you guys can capitalize $$$ by "forcing" people to get vdj's hardware).

i was thinking about this coz im not really convinced by hardware and another "kontroller" really looks attractive.

hint: upgrade xp-10s with the release of v4.

:p

发表时间 Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 2:20 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i agree a new controller would be nice but the best part of VDJ is the flexibility of its use, and freedom of hardware.

发表时间 Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 5:01 pm
freedom of hardware is cool when the company making the software has the best hardware. ive studied xp-10 [hip-hop] mixes for more than a year by ppl here and its not coming close to turntables...

u dont even need extra hardware, like serato, to run tt's with vdj. yet i hear that serato is becoming the software industry standard. how's that happening?

serato is making a lot of cash with their box. for all we know Maya 44 USB sound card could be benefiting most out of these [laptop] dj programs like vdj, pcdj, traktor.

serato might not be the best but i think their bank account looks best for what they have.

i dont know what serato gives djs that they just must have it and dont care getting their package (software + box).

发表时间 Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 6:10 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'm confused because your saying xp10's need an upgrade but compair it to the serato hardware which is only a boxed soundcard, even is you bought serato scratch live, you still wouldn't have any hardware or controllers like an xp10. I dont get what your saying.

发表时间 Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 8:03 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think hes saying that VDJ should get in on the package deal thing. the makes of the MAYA must have made a fortune off people buying it for VDJ etc etc. If VDJ made an interface or something VDJ would be more reliable (only one interface to worry about), more professional in appearance and not to mention they would make more money, selling the whole solution not just one half of it.

Team up with RME or something VDJ! lol

发表时间 Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 1:52 am
something like what pro tools did/does.. pro tools software is free (but u really have to get their hardware to take full advantage of their software. so its pointless getting the software. they dont have to deal with cracks).

发表时间 Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 4:49 pm
I dont think anyone that would be in the market for VDJ is using a cracked version. all the people using the cracked version are wanabe bedroom DJs who probably wouldnt spend 150 dolla on something for a bit of fun. I dont think there are more than a handful of DJs out there who use a cracked version of VDJ in a professional setting.

so what im saying is i dont think VDJ looses out that much in terms of revenue to cracked versions. vpcdj would you pay for VDJ if getting a cracked version became impossible?

发表时间 Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 3:20 am
i would pay for it.
but i think this company should get the software only to the hands of serious djs and should bundle it with a hardware thats all im saying. too many ppl are calling themselves djs. vdj is one of the most downloaded softwares on download.com. u know what that means and how it can affect the dj community?

发表时间 Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 10:43 pm
yes it means that alot more people will try their had at djing and there will be more DJs of a higher standard. If playing football required an investment of $1500 not as many people would do it and consequently the top standard of football would be lower. If everyone at some point in their life kicks a football around, more superstar footballers will be discoverd! and its the same with DJing. The more accessible DJing is to everyone the better the best DJs will be.

EDIT: and to top it all your saying that you can afford to buy VDJ but chose not because you have the option of breaking the law

发表时间 Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 8:29 pm
good point xeo. i think im jealous. kinda the same feeling tt djs had when cd/mp3 players came thru.

发表时间 Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 10:44 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)