快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: dongle protection

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ok just a suggestion that us as users and buyers of this software should have a dongle for virtual dj so it cant be used say for instance in a club and several djs played there no-one could interfer with your computer and the second and most inportant use would be to stop copying and piracy.

let me know what u think people..

jammi

发表时间 Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 7:03 pm
That is the worst idea I've ever heard of.

One major part of the Virtual DJ license (as I understand it) allows you to have the program on more than one computer (as long as they belong to you).

If you have administrator access to your club computer, you can change user privledges in the "Set Program Access And Defaults" to protect VDJ from others.

发表时间 Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 10:43 pm
you can just install vdj to USB key or removable drive. And take it with you
this way nobody sees your playlist.
Only thing that wil be in the computer are the registry settings of VDJ.

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 12:39 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lopez, won't VDJ be very slow if you do so..?

发表时间 Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 7:47 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
once VDJ has loaded up when you run it, the program core and all the raw song info is stored in the same way wherever the program was loaded from. (RAM and hard-disk pagefile). it may make the program slower to load but VDJ should be the same.

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 4:00 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
So here is the dongle if someone want it...

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 4:32 am
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cool... :)

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 11:18 am
But don't loose your USB key, as I did three times :-), fortunately I have vdj on the HDD.

And be careful to not plug your key to unknown computers, as many of my friends experienced
USB ports with wrong polarity on the front panel. Some lamers connected the pins wrong and swapped GND, +5v, IN and OUTs ;-) usually it burns the key totally

发表时间 Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 9:32 am
And always use an extension cable permanent connected, better than plug directly to the usb port.
I've seen the female usb ports become unusable after a while when you often plug/unplug usb devices. Better replace the cable than repair your computer....

发表时间 Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 6:49 pm
lopez, xeo and apopsis thanks for ur comment and suggestions. i am now using vdj of a kingston 1gb flash drive via usb with the extra cable and from the back port of my machine.. i hate burnt silicon lol!!!

happy vdjing

发表时间 Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 8:15 pm
I like the way you combined all the advises -)

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 5:03 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
dont know what it would do with all its regisrty data tho. you may lose all your settings like timestretch dissables etc if you cant find a way of saving your VDJ registry options to the same pen drive and running the reg files before loading the program for the first time.

发表时间 Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 1:41 am
Copy Protection with dongle have some problems:

1)
Many users buy this soft. online and just need a download link, with DONGLE VDJ have to send hardware (USB dongle) worldwide.

2)
USB DONGLE lost. Surely some users can loose the DONGLE and then re-send a hardware again?
Or maybe some piracy just tells "I LOOSE IT" so he can have another DONGLE.

3)
This kind of USB DONGLE aren't cheap, if you add this hardware cost, and sending cost to the product it will increase price.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 1:12 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)