快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Key shifting plugin

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi!

Virtual DJ is pretty much everything I want it to be just now. I like the ability to adjust the speed without altering the key that a tune is in. It would be like a dream if you could write a plugin with a slider, that would allow the key to be altered completely independently of the tempo. That way, the user can beatmatch, then pitch match / blend tunes better. I'm not asking for pitch matching, that's unnecessery. I'd just like to be able to set the key of any tune myself, to an accurate degree.

I'm no expert, but I hear the PSOLA algorithm may be useful?

Thanks,

Justin

发表时间 Mon 10 May 04 @ 2:43 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
what he means is seperate pitch and key sliders I think, I'm in!

发表时间 Mon 10 May 04 @ 5:35 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
me to ive been waiting for this for a while

发表时间 Mon 10 May 04 @ 9:14 am
"what he means is seperate pitch and key sliders I think, I'm in!"

precisely... sorry I didn't explain that very well.

Take care,

Justin

发表时间 Mon 10 May 04 @ 11:27 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Would be usefull yes, it would be the same as the Traktor DJ's option... But first, the algorythm should be improved as mentioned in other topic.

Regards

发表时间 Mon 10 May 04 @ 12:12 pm
I'm already working on such a plugin, however I'm having a few DSP problems... The pitch shifting works, but the output quality is very bad... As soon as I find the problem(s), I'll give you news

macourteau (aka DJ ZaZE™)

发表时间 Mon 10 May 04 @ 11:26 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
macourteau, already expecting the plug-in :), but I'd like to see these features embedded in software and included with new versions of skins, not as a plug in... If all new features would be made as a plug in, it would make this software very unfriendly. I mean, since it only has 3 plug-ins for each deck avalible at the same time (for now, still waiting for extension:), DJ can't non-stop switch between plug-ins just to add some effects while others are in use. This is especially important with the pitch shifter, since you set the pitch before mixing the track and than leave it on the same level to the end of the track (mostly used probably). So it isn't practical to have an effect turned on through the whole track, which sometimes interfeares with other effects. Just a thought about plug-ins...

Regards

发表时间 Tue 11 May 04 @ 2:55 pm
Update: My plugin is getting better, but now there's a sort of reverb that adds itself to the song... I'll try to fix that ASAP, but it's getting pretty hard now lol

Regards, macourteau

发表时间 Tue 18 May 04 @ 5:12 pm
That's great! Keep up the good work! Any chance I can have a try of it?

Thanks,

Justin

发表时间 Thu 20 May 04 @ 8:40 am
Yes, that was the only thing i missed in virtual dj, a key shifting ability.
Virtual dj's genious beat lock engine is better than any other i tested, but i preferred Traktor DJ Studio because you could change the key and the tempo indipendently from each other.
Thanks very much!

David

发表时间 Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 6:52 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Key change is now available as a plug-in. I have tried it, but it's unfriendliness has kept me from using it much. Would have been better if it were just a single slider (for my purposes at least.)

发表时间 Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 7:53 pm
problem: I cant download it, i only own dj console.

发表时间 Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 9:28 pm
erxon you are very right,we don't want it in any plugin

发表时间 Sun 09 Oct 05 @ 7:49 am
np123PRO InfinityMember since 2010
HI i was thinking may be it wood bee nice in the audio engine settings a function that you can set it to beats a highs that would be ok and may be a smarter fille mangement. and set up with windows media player to like with i tunes. Thanks

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 11 @ 3:49 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)