快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: VDJ recording studio

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

vdj is fantastic. i've been using it alot recently. for live parties is absolutely great.
no complaints for it whatsoever, considering that a new and better sound engine is comeing (witch is great because the sound quality wasn't exactly top notch).
I only sugest 1 thing to make this program perfect in my opinion:
Alot of us whant to make demo mix cd's. and these cd's have to be perfect in technical mixing terms.
The thing is that vdj should have a recording studio put into it. A way in witch he is able to record every movement that we do with the crosfader, every movement that we do on the waveforms to improve the beatmatch and of course, every movement that we do on the highs lows and mids.
Wouldnt it be great if we could do these mixes in 3 stages: in the first stage we do the cueing and the crossfading. In the second stage we do the beatmatch tweaking , constatly moving the waves until the mix is flawless. And, finaly, we tweak the highs, mids and lows. And everytime Vdj records our movements and we can come back and overlay numerous tweaks until we are satisfied with the end result. And then we hit "record" and vdj takes the tracks and al the operations that we've done and records "the perfect mix" :))))). that would be awesome !!!

发表时间 Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 9:32 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Could be good for someone wanting to do track remixes or productions using VDJ.

However, one ususally makes "demo mix CDs" to promote himself to club owners/promoters. One wants to show his "live" capabilities that way, and it's a bit unethical to cheat since it gives false expectations. My first mixtape back in 93, I spent a good 100 hrs (starting all over again each time I f'ed up) to make it acceptable, and that really taught me a lot! I was ready once I got my first gigs. Can't tell the same about those DJs that chose the easy way out by using 4-or-8-tracks to fix their trainwrecks...

That being said, the feature you propose would be pretty cool. It's done by others.

N.

pls, if you enjoy VDJ that much, purchase it and register as a full-user. thx.

发表时间 Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 12:06 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I do that following the waves in the visual aid of VDJ... I think if you aren't perfect, you have to practice to be better. If a perfect record is not what you mix, then it isn't really true what you really do live. My suggestions is learn your mix and the way you do it. I feel really easy to mix with VDJ, I don't really think this is a good improvement.

发表时间 Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 4:52 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
wat it looks like is ur looking for shortcuts. me and u cant look for shortcuts just yet. practise practise practise to perfect ur skill. the only way u can do keep on practising is by buying the program and spend more time with it.

u cant just ask for shortcuts to run when u can barely walk.
ur just not ready to make demos. simple as that.

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 4:41 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
but unless you try to run you will never learn how to...........................

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 11:22 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
xeo but dude is a 'no license user'. which means he cant even walk yet lol. (maybe i should include myself there... but anyway)...
so he hasnt used the program long enough to ask for these "no brainer" features.
thats like before applying for a job already wanting to be the manager when one has never really been able to be a manager.

If the boy could make a perfect mix then he has all the right to ask for it. but he cant.

besides the kind of feature he's asking about will put u out of a job. Ive gone to a club where they just put on a cd. maybe 2 or 3 cds for the whole night and thats it. and the club is completely gets packed and ppl dance without a dj. the manager probably just got these "perfect demos".

发表时间 Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 8:10 pm
ke keHome userMember since 2006
All am asking for is a peice of equipment that i can use to further my music

发表时间 Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 11:15 am
If it was easily possible to record both tracks to .wav (1 wav per deck) with the changes in volume/mix applied and another set of wavs for same track but without volume changes applied to the tracks, then you could open these 4 wav tracks (from 2 decks) in some other program like Live and apply some more effects, edits and mastering..

I'd rather have VDJ be the best Live mixing program than have the limited programmer resources on it spent on both live and "sequencer/non-live" type mixing.

If you want best of both worlds then get Live and VDJ.

REWIRE support would remove the need to do 4 .wavs first in VDJ though.. That is what I ask.

发表时间 Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 3:39 am
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys,

I have also disscussed on "Why perfect CD?" topic and what to do using VDJ. Would like you all to have a look.
Please check out the thread "Making the perfect mix CD – Takes & Edits" in General Discussion Forum:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/44391/General_Discussion/Making_the_perfect_mix_CD___Takes___Edits.html?highlight=artimix

====================
For DJs, there are times we need to make a perfect mix CD for different reasons :
- for self memory : I enjoy some of my best mixes from 1984, done using a 4-tracker;
- for demo CDs (I still love live recordings, mistakes in live sets are sometimes memorable or even fun to hear back, however, should not occur in demos);
- as souvenir for friends or family : medley / megamix that includes all songs they want, many songs in very short time.

Another reason that I need to do “takes” is about VDJ or PC problem : I came across many times when I turn the EQ knob of HDJC, the main sound output stops for about half second, I have do start all over the mix.
====================

Some function is sure missing. We need some other tools to cooperate with VDJ now.

I think it is a good idea to have so call "VDJ Studio" , may be a new multi-tracker recording /editing engine behind what we already have now - the very good mixing user interface program.

Regards,

Ricardo Prado (dj Artimix)

发表时间 Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 6:17 am
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
.... maybe, VDJ's initial purpose is for live sets so now it is a very good tool for "live" sets , to use it in a "production" or "studio" way, it surely have lack out some functions.....

For now, we can use other program tools and work together with VDJ for "production",
Sony Acid pro is a good companion but if you think Acid pro is expensive, there is another alternative which is free for the time being :

REAPER - Audio Recording and Editing for Windows
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/index.php

What I want to point out to VDJ Development Team is:

Many recording / editing program (with recorder user interface) which intially designed for "production" purpose can now be used in "live" sets.
To add competitive power to VDJ, why don't VDJ also become usable in "production" as well ?

VDJ can align with other company and integrate VDJ with a multi-tracker recording program (Acid or Reaper or even MixMeister) to increase usability (and profit margin $$) and bring more happy users.

I have used MixMeister but it lacked of "DJ user interface" (/ turntable skins, etc.. which is actually VDJ frontend) and it is not compatable with Hercules DJ Console.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/10070/General_Discussion/CREATING_THE_PERPECT_CD.html?highlight=creating

"VDJ Recording Studio" is a brilliant idea !
Please consider it.

Ricardo Prado (dj Artimix)

发表时间 Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 8:27 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)