快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Rewire - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Do you think this could incorporate Rewire for Propellerheads Reason software? Having a global sync between Reason and VDJ would give producers an amazing creative tool.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 2:08 am
i dont know if your request is of primary priority cause vdj is crated for mixing music and reason for creation of music...if you wonna do it at the same time you just need 2 computers cubase sx and external mixer.:)

发表时间 Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 1:23 pm
Cypress, i have suggested this in atomixmp3 forum, but nobody seemed to need this. You could do as the above message suggested, but this would be doomed into failure unless you have a perfect external beat-to-midi equipment, which is rather expensive (atleast the good ones). If rewire would bring possibility to run some realtime mastering VST plugins as a insert effect in the master out of VDJ, then it might be worthwhile. Otherwise what you are asking is just mostly a midi clock send from atomix.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 5:42 pm
We have been thinking about letting virtualdj output a midi beat clock, but we would need to know if anybody would use such a feature, and how would you like it to work.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 6:24 pm
It would make some good light synchronising uses, if VDJ gave the beat-event every time there's a beat sound, and also when there's no beat sound, but with a different event or signal (then according to internal timing bpm-grid).

This would allow to sync to change with,say, every 16th note even when it's some ambient or breakbeat song, or alternatively let the strobe flash exactly according to the breakbeats, not just the clock signal.

Unfortunately i have no idea as far as midi data goes, it's probably doable by giving maybe two kinds of note on / note off signals to inform when there's a actual beat sound occuring and when it's a silent beat (you could read that from the tempo/timing also right?).

Having a midi output would of course make it syncable without too many headaches to existing lighting and sound programs, but probably plenty difficult for 'home developers' with no experience in that area to use it much, reading mpu401 and deciphering midi from your favorite language isn't probably as 'trivial' as getting this data through plugin interaction, but this is just my guess.

发表时间 Wed 02 Jul 03 @ 10:01 pm
About the light controller.
There is currently two main light software on the market: sunlite and martin lightjockey.
We have just made a deal with sunlite to make our softwares compatible one with another.
We are now in the process of making the same thing with martin.
If you feel there are other light software we should make virtualdj compatible with, please let us know.

PS: this feature will be available in v1.1

发表时间 Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 11:35 am
I was thinking how the midi output would work, and to actually sync it into some sequencer like reason, cubase might prove difficult (atleast difficult to think for me heh). If there's no obvious solution for that, it might be easier to make a 'less flexible' way of syncing, by letting the sequencer or some other 3rd party program generate the midi clock, and then have VDJ only show this midi clock signal as a third, maybe alpha blended or something, beat grid/markers by a midi input.. If you get the idea. This would not then have to require the skin makers to make new skins again just for this feature. Of course if there is a song playing in VDJ with a lot of tempo variation, then this 'simpler' way would prove rather inflexible. But i just wonder what it sound like if VDJ generate clock is a bit off for some reason, then the sequencer would play wrong etc.. this would then need it's own nudge adjustment or something.

发表时间 Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 11:57 am
And while this may be wrong thread, i have to thank for coming up with the beat grid thing, i'm sure many including myself had this in mind but feature like this didn't probably show up a lot on the wish list, as it isn't so easy to describe in words. Other fine addition is of course manual bpm tap, as this will allow to fix the BPM's incase wrong and then to use the util to send these into mysql db (which gives ability to sort and find songs by label and cat.nr in addition to bpm and number of times played). If you wonder how i have loaded the song from the web search to atomix, the php script uses sysinternals junction.exe and links a directory like x:/deck1 to f:/path/to/the/song so i can always keep atomix in deck1/2 directory while loading songs from browser. Atomix even keeps playing the song in deck1 linked path if i change the lnik target to other! Amazing.

发表时间 Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 12:23 pm
To stick to the topic, have you checked ableton.com's Live? I don't think there's any other rewire supporting app that would be really well suited to use live with VDJ. On the other hand it may be that Ableton is bringing mp3 support in future, as there's been some requests on their board for that. But still it's very different beast when compared to VDJ, so i wouldn't think they are competing products.

发表时间 Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 12:32 pm
Thanks... will give ableton LIVE a go. Been a great help thanks

发表时间 Fri 04 Jul 03 @ 8:33 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@SClavel.

I would certainly use this feature. As it stands at the moment. When I do live sets and stuff I like to have my mates doing stuff as well.

For instance I have a mate on a guitar playing through a korg Kaoss pad, and I also have a mate who can beatbox. I then use fruityloops to build up loops and synths etc. By doing all this we kind of make music on the fly.

I have tried using atomix/VJ alongside so that we can throw in samples of songs but its hard to time them due to the latency of fruityloops and the lack of a mult channel soundcard.

Also I have tried Ableton live. Its not all that. Mixmeister pro and Fruityloops are much better.

To sync with fruityloops it would probably mean piggy backing VJ throug Fruityloops and using VJ as a VLSTI plugin through fruityloops. You would probably need to speak with makers of fruityloops to do this as you would still need to export a beat clock.

发表时间 Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 7:20 pm
Have you guys taken any notes from this forum???

Are you still concidering it?

发表时间 Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 2:13 am
WOW this is intense stuff glad to c our forum getting so rich

and it would be great to c that done in the future,,,,,,,

thats kinda what i've been wanting but like u said it was hard to put into words coz i didnt think anyone else would be interested ,,,,,

when making music i use vdj to mix it all together and it would make my life so much easier to have it all together

i think it would be easeier to cut a deal with ejay dont u think ?

dj smokey

发表时间 Sat 27 Mar 04 @ 2:12 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Yes we are working on it, but even if everybody agrees it would be great to let vdj works with other music maker softwares for live performance, it's not so easy to define what such a cooperation should looks like.

Any input on that subject from people who plan to use it would be appreciated.
How exactly would you like virtualdj to behave in such a live use?

Dev Staff

发表时间 Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 5:35 am
EXCELLENT! glad to hear you’re working on it.

Well I am planning to use it as a Rewire Slave with Ableton LIVE. I’ve tested many of the products available and this would be the grand daddy of partnerships for a live Digital performance, the versatility of VDJ with the loop functionality of LIVE.
For example, we need to be able to grab the VDJ audio channels and have them available and tempo synced in LIVE (or any other Rewire application).
VDJ is the only product I’ve found that really lets you be creative and change sets into truly one off events. Adding programs like LIVE, Reason and Cubase to VDJ would allow endless avenues of possibilities. This is a major feature and could be beneficial in marketing your product.

Keep up the good work guys…

p.s. - There was and interesting demo video on the M-Audio site (www.m-audio.com) from NAMM demonstrating live performers using digital media.

发表时间 Fri 23 Apr 04 @ 2:55 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@Developement staff

The way I see VJ working as a live performance tool with other software is as a VST plugin.

Here is how I see it happening.

1) Firstly no Midi clock. Anyway this would be relative anyway because many tunes all differ very slghtly from a mean tempo. I.e they are not exactly 140bpm unless computer generated.

2) The host software (which would most likely need to be a sequencer) for example Cubase SX would open VJ as a VSTI effect. (bare with me)

3) Then any chanenl in cubase (for example a drum beat running from a VSTI plugin channel running NI's Battery) could be sent to the VJ fx track. More importantly the host VST sequencer should send VJ its tempo. eg 120BPM

4)VJ would then visulaise the sent track from cubase in its visualization window(either a loop from an audio/midi channel or the hosts tempo, in this example 120bpm). Visual latency would have to be kept to an absolute minimum!

5) The output of each track in VJ would need to be split into seperates channels in the VST host application; the left deck coming from VJ would be completely independant from the right deck, and indeed independant from a master output which would be the resultant of the two tracks mixed using the X fader. (still with me?)

6) Now we can drop in songs or samples live over a drum or synth loop coming from cubase, reason or fruityloops using VJ's visualisation to help with the beat matching ensuring that the output of VJ is always in time with the host.

7) And using a multi channel sound card with the host VST application we can monitor through headphones any one of VJ's outputs before it goes live! (that is left deck, right deck and master.)

Cool eh?

发表时间 Fri 04 Jun 04 @ 12:24 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1 word: perfect ;)

发表时间 Fri 04 Jun 04 @ 7:26 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry but I haven't found the video demo you just talked about on the M-audio site. Could you write the complete link please ??

Thanks in advance

Clax

发表时间 Sat 05 Jun 04 @ 5:47 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yea please post some links, I was looking 4 it 2, but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Sun 06 Jun 04 @ 9:22 am
Here are some bits which could be useful for developing new features to VDJ perhaps..

martinfay dot com slash openasio dot htm
"OpenAsio is public domain / open source"

axiworld dot be slash vst dot htm

From fxpansion there's also a "vst-rewire adapter" coming in near future. Depending on the VDJ's rewire implementation, it could be possible to use some mastering VST plugins directly on VDJ main channel. Though I doubt this really would work without a rewire host program unless VDJ is also able to be a host. I would like to see ability to add VST mastering plugins before the VDJ's main output, to be able to add professional compression etc when streaming live mix to internet radio using shoutcast for example.

发表时间 Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 12:08 am
83%