快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: What kind of mixing is best?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what is better apacellas with instrumentals
or just beatmatching with a song and instrumenal?

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:05 am
It all depends on how creative you want to be. I personally prefer using alot of acapellas and instrumentals. It gives me a depth in my mixes. I am able to create remixes that quite possibly no one has ever heard before. When you just beatmatch two songs...you are mixing. But when you use various acapella over various songs...you are creating.

MS

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:46 am
Of you are blending songs an acappella over an instrumental will defintely sound better. When I do this, I usally use the regular version of the song so I can get the BPM. Then I load up the acappella and manually add the BPM, since VDJ can not reliably detect BPM for a song with voices only. Once you have the BPM of the song and you know the phrasing, you should be able to lay it over your instrumental without a lot of trouble,... but just because the beat is matched doesn't mean it sound good.

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:48 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I do the same thing Anewsome, take the BPM value from the original, and yes beatless mixing is harder than beatmatching, and harmonics are extremely important with this type of mixing, I wouldn't say any sound better.., I like variation, do different things everytime, sometimes a classic transition is nice, sometimes an element of spice is required, either way VDJ opens up so many doors for creative mixing techneques :).

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:53 am
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yah that helps your all right
i like what dj maddsound said espacially about how if you use an acapella and an instrumental it is more your music that no one has heard before but i guess i like both ways

Thanx.

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 5:40 am
The reason I do Gentlemens clubs is, I can play everything. Being able to blend rock, club, house, hip hop, reggae, you name it. I would be bored to tears, if i had to play one, or two formats. I loop the end of Shot in the dark, by Ozzy Osbourne, kill the lows, bring in a fat club beat, add some FXs. I might even loop that beat, then kill the lows on that and bring in another hot track. Now I have three tracks running. I do a lot of blending, some of my blends can last 5 minutes, like mashups. Now, I can blend videos, with the audios. This just takes it to another level. It gets so good, I touch myself. Or let one of the dancers touch me, or we just touch each other. What was I talking about?

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 7:56 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I hope there are not only gentlemen in your gentlemens club, because the "touch" of a nice hairy dancer in his speedo doesn't seem too appealing :P

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 8:16 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I like more the mix with beatmatching and harmonics in phase. But it depends on the style and the music you play. I like very much the way Hip-Hop is mixed with scratch and some other effects.

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 9:51 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)