快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: buy buy buy

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hey..

i wanna go mad this season and con myself some turntables or xp 10s

i have two soundcards... one onboard and a soundbalster live 5.1..

if i go in for the turntables will i still need another soundcard like the maya 44 or not??

i wont need another soundcard with the xp10s right?

please also advise me what turntables i should get.. i have no clue from adam about what makes a good tt setup.. all i know is that i should stay away from belt drive tts

thanks a lot for the help i know will be forthcoming..

cheers

DJ Rudra

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 8:25 am
Hi Rudra,

I don't know much about using turntables with Virtual DJ, but it's my understanding that you need a sound card that has 2 line inputs... You can't plug one turntable in the on-board card and another one in the SB Live. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as my turntable of choice goes, might I suggest a pair of Technics SL1200. These turntables are great, have a direct-drive platter, and you can get a decent pair of these on E-Bay or in most DJ stores, at a fair price. These turntables are made for the working DJ's and you'll have a professionnal setup with them. If you're into scratching a lot, you'll probably prefer the turntable option, eventhough you can achieve some pretty good scratching with the XP10's.

Speaking of the XP10's, each deck has it's own stereo output. Sound qualtity is good, and responsiveness is surprisingly accurate (considering it's an USB 1.1 device). Of course you could still use your SB Live if the output sounds better. Make sure you have at least 2 free USB ports, because each XP10 deck requires one. I have a pair of XP10 myself, and I'm having a good time using them. They are compact, lightweight and fully mappable in Virtual DJ. However, they do require delicate handling because they are made of plastic. They are good if you plan to be their sole user, and won't use them abusively.

Internodal.

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 9:33 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Your wrong :)
i am using my on-board soundcard and a SB Live! It really is one card per turntable, with the Maya 44 you have all your in's and out's in the same card, but as long as you have one card per TT with an line in and out then your fine.

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 1:34 pm
but then how would i preview the tracks... if both my soundcards are occupied by the tts then what do i plug my headphones into?? the mixer?? what if i dont have a mixer?

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 3:37 pm
I stand corrected, Listen2 :O)

Rudra, as far a previewing goes: You could use one of the soundcards to output both your decks, using a stereo splitter, and the other card to plug in your headphones. Of course, your main output will be MONO, because you'll be using one channel per deck.

However, if your SB Live has 5.1 dolby output, with "front" and "rear" channels, you could achieve stereo output for both your decks, and use the onboard card for your headphones.

The other option would be indeed to buy a mixer. Trust me, if you're going to invest in a fine pair of turntables or XP10, then a mixer will make your investment worth while. This way, you'll have a real, hands-on system, with full stereo output. You can get a very decent mixer for less than 300$. I have a basic Pyramid mixer that cost me 175$ and it gets the job done.

Internodal.

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 5:32 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
there is no way on earth i would use a turntable without a mixer, the previewing would be taken care of in the mixer, as normally they do. what i would do if i were you and wanted to start with some hardware is just go buy a mixer. look at this one
it has enough features that you can practice with using real faders and then if you do buy turntables it has an optical cross fader(lasts a long long time) and a fader curve control great for scratching. With that setup all you have to do is split the signal from one card, or use one card for each deck, since you do have 2. With the one card y-adapter you can have the other card free for recording. I since using TCV have the output on my mixer feed to a 2nd pc and that records for me since my 2 cards are being used. Just some thought.

(URL look-> change by ACW)

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 6:02 pm
many thanks...

i have a hopeful shopping list..lets see if santa thinks i've been a good boy this year...lmao

shanti

DJ Rudra

发表时间 Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 5:07 am
about that mixer i'll be purchasing it in the next 2 months and i will review it on here after i test it out.

发表时间 Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 7:02 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)