快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Mixer Question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am in need of a mixer, because I was unsatisfied with the Hercules DJ Console, which I thought was the answer to my prayers, but I was dissapointed with latency issues and console breakdowns. So now I need a mixer and maybe a second soundcard, although I have heard I can run VDJ on just one soundcard on my laptop by getting a headphone/dual RCA jack and then hooking those two RCA's to two Y Splitters then plugging it into the mixer (is that right, BTW?). I want to be under $100 for my mixer and can buy the Numark DM1002X MK2 Scratch Mixer. I mix trance and techno, FYI. Is this a good mixer?

发表时间 Thu 08 Apr 04 @ 6:33 pm
Hi DJ Jean69,

Wright ! you can use VDJ and a mixer with only one sound card.
In this case, the signals will be converted into mono and will be emitted separately on the left channel and right channel of the stereo output signal.
Then, with a stereo/mono splitter, you can separate the 2 distinct channels.

Please, find more information on the VDJ user guide.

Then, I recommand to use 2 sound cards or, only, one 4.1/5.1/7.1 sound card like an USB external creative soundblaster Audigy 2 NX.

The feed-back of Numark Mixers are good. So, I recommand to test it (if you can).

Please, find my configuration state in my details.

Regards, Laurent.

发表时间 Fri 09 Apr 04 @ 1:47 pm
i use a numark em-360 3 channel mixer that has a chaos pad
it works well and i have no problems at all ,,,,,,,,,,, oh and i'm using that with a creative soundblaster 5.1 as the front becomes channel 1 and the rear becomes channel 2

it all depends on what kinda music u spin ?and what u want out of it ,,,,,,,,,, do u just mix??
do u perform live?? , do u remix ??

the answer to these questions determines what kinda mixer u need this is my fourth mixer and i have learened alot since the first one i bought ,,,,,,,,,, if u need more info just ask

dj smokey

发表时间 Sat 10 Apr 04 @ 4:00 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
Before the Hercules console, I had a Stanton sk-??. Its kinda crappy sound-wise (loss of highs to any audio going through it) and has a little cross-channel noise, but it does the job w/o latency. I was able to get used to the latency, though the play and cue buttons really suck for me (If I don't press hard and dead center, they don't register, especially on the right deck).

Anyways, just picked up a Numark TTX1 turntable and the Stanton came in handy. I like the console cause now I'm sending stereo sound from the computer to the Stanton and I also have the turntable to play with.

Just my thoughts :)

发表时间 Mon 12 Apr 04 @ 1:19 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've had some fairly bad luck with Stanton products too. Don't look to them to be leaders in customer service or repairs of their bad products either.

发表时间 Mon 12 Apr 04 @ 3:00 pm
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
I use the Numark CM200 - it's a bit out of your price range but I love it. Good, positive controls and a great sound. It's ideal if you have a few sound sources - I have 2 channels from my laptop and 2 from my CD decks just in case the laptop dies or someone brings along a CD at a wedding (which they do LOL).

Cheers,

Jack.

发表时间 Tue 13 Apr 04 @ 9:23 am

发表时间 Wed 14 Apr 04 @ 9:48 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)