快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: A few Requests

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

kokaiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Dev Team,

A few requests:

1) The history playlists should be save in a different folder then the regular ones. I would like to have the history playlists but I want to be able to browse them in a different folder, since i have alot of history and only a few plalists I get a big list for my playlists. and dont tell me to save the playlists in a different folder since this is the one that opens when I click the save button.

2) Disable the set favorite button, once it is clicked by mistake it removes the shortcuts, we can do it form the menu.

3) add the ability to set the gain for defalult level - like Always 0DB but at a value of our request, since most of the time I want the same volume level but the best quality is achived in -3.5 - -4, and I dont want to set it every time I open VDJ.

4) Automatic show songs length , some times I get new songs and I dont have the time to analyse them and I cannot see the length of the songs before I load them, All other DJ softwares (even media player) show this info in the playlist window without analysing.

5) the length of the playlist only adds after scrolling the playlist window, and sometimes it is wrong.

6) Drag a song to playlist while scrolling - if I have a lot of songs in the playlist and I want to drag a new one to the area which is not shown I first need to scroll and then drag, why cant I drag and scroll (not releasing the left button while locating the file on the top or bottom of the list will scroll the list).

7) set the fade lenght and type form the main skin - some times you want to use the automtic mixing but change the length and type of the fade without getting into the config( and dont tell me effects since they are not on the main skin window).

8) add aconfig to save all the UI settings like - volume, gain, levels etc. every time I close the VDJ I need to set some staff like volume and gains , Eq again.

9) add the ability to have Plugins on the main window , this way I can create a Eq with 12 bands and place it on the main window. Also have the ability to add effects for both playes with out configuring it twice.

10) I tried to write a plugin for scheduling , wake me up ETC... or at my bar sometimes I am arriving late and I want it to switch playlists automatically while I am not there, but thet is no way to tell VDJ ( in a plugin to load files or playlists by the file name - it goes by the location etc which is not good), maybe some command line or simple interface for the VDJ would be great.

All these requests do not mean I dont like VDJ, I like it a lot , however sometimes it is the little things that count. I Hope you can add some of my requests in the future releases.

10x

Ziv

发表时间 Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 10:56 am
Zip,
however it is already mentioned before, I would also like point 3 very much. I'm using cd players and VDJ. At the start of the gig I set the gain on -3.5dB. My setting in config is "Always match". While I'm not using VDJ from song to song the gain will sometimes suddenly change (to +2dB happened once).
Ewout

发表时间 Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 11:26 pm
kokaiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Anyone from the support/dev team?

can someone comment on my requests?

发表时间 Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 4:58 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
no they dont tend to do that, users just chime in and say if they like or dont like something and the more people that do the more likely it is that they will put some effort into doing it. would be nice if they could sort out a webchat on the website with the developers on a sceduled basis so that things could actualy be asked of the deveolpers, for them to show us their new ideas and for us to put forward new ones directly to a person that can say; 'good idea! it'l be in the next versoin' or, 'no sorry the expense would not justify the return'.

What do you think?

发表时间 Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 3:59 am
For the history. I just creat a new foler called songlists and save my shortcuts in there and make it a favorite. Then I can save my history in the history folder.

发表时间 Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 5:29 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@kokai
I'm very interested by your plugin as i did one in the same idea. Could you send me your version by mail (go and see in my blog) so that i can compare them.

Besides don't hesitate to contact us by MSN messenger if you need help for plugins.

发表时间 Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 1:47 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)