快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: new to equalizers

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello,

Im trying to learn how to use equalizer but don't really have an understanding on what each setting does. By settings I don't mean rock,hip-hop, or anything but I mean what each number does. I have an equalizer (pretty old though) but I can barely tell the difference between what each knob does. If anyone here knows of a tutorial or good book to read or maybe some online reading material to learn on how to use an equalizer corretly please post. THANKS

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 7:06 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
which equalizer are you talking about?

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 6:07 pm
Any kind of introduction to sound engineering should be all you need to understand how an equalizer works. Basically if you understand what frequency and dB (decibel) means, then you can understand what an equalizer does.

When you move an EQ slider, you are adjusting the sound by raising or lowering the level of the sound AT a specific frequency, BY the amount that you move the slider up or down. That's pretty much it. If you can grasp that, then you can understand how an equalizer works.

If you don't understand what the frequencies are, just know that the smaller numbers correspond to lower frequencies (30Hz - 120Hz, bass, kick drums, etc). The middle numbers correspond to middle frequencies (600Hz - 6kHz, horns, vocals, guitar, etc). The larger numbers correspond to higher frequencies (12kKhz - 18kHz, cymbals, high hats, etc).

If you can grasp all that, then you already know how an equalizer works.

发表时间 Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 7:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)