快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: AtomixMP3 Sound Quality - Results - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

flexHome userMember since 2001
I admit is very hard to find a decent time stretch algorythem that works in real-time, and atomix does a good job of this. Although its still NOWHERE NEAR as good as it should be, and I think I speak for most people when I say I would never use Atomix in a club environment with time-stretch enabled as it currently sounds, you would get ripped to pieces....missing bass lines, dropped kick drums, garbeld vocals.....awefull.

Grimm, if you have access to, try out the latest version of bpm studio (www.bpmstudio.com) It sounds almost PERFECT with the tempo increased. Hardly any noticeable audio defects and I would happily use it in a club, hopefully one day atomix can get this good. If atomix had the audio quality of bpmstudio and asio support if would be the best mp3 dj software by a long way. Im putting all my faith in the 'new more powerfull software' atomix is working on. Hope im not let down ;o)

Flex

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 03 @ 7:45 pm
he he, I know this would sound a bit lame, but I already tried this and works for me one time... it's a way to eliminate the hiss produced by the pitch change when you have the master tempo disabled (as you all know that's better for live sets, no late beats, etc...). But I need to advice you guys that this only works for fast machines.
What I did that night was... I opened cool edit pro and I changed the pitch of the tracks, then I saved the result file quickly in .wav's and then I spun them with a minimum difference of BPM, after the mix end I just reseted the pitch cotrol and done! Of course this only works if you have a fast computer and the tracks are long, in order to let you change the pitch, save and mix them in time. But well, if you have already planned the tracklist for a set, then you need to work before the party on changing the pitch, just to be more relaxed and have more time for other things, this also is a solution if you have a slow pc... its easy, just calculate the pitch you want with the simple equation of "desired bpm x 100 / original bpm -200 * -1 = % of change you need to increase/decrease".
It cost a bit of time, maybe, but it worths because you get the best sound quality possible and... the crowd enjoy that ; p
Hope this can help you guys since Atomix has'nt improved that yet.

p.s I didnt experienced any problem with the sound while changing the pitch on-the-fly that night... p4@1.7ghz with 760 ram.

发表时间 Fri 18 Apr 03 @ 11:52 pm
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Let's just hope that in the next version the sound will be better and more steady and that the gain will be replaced by a dynamics processor.
I think that this is more imortant than new effects etc.

Salva

发表时间 Sat 19 Apr 03 @ 12:15 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ditto Salva.

Btw, for anyone wondering what happened to the site I took it down since it had been so long since this topic was last seen on the first page of the forums. I didn't save any of the results either since I was doing some massive spring cleaning on my main computer, getting the hard drive ready for an upgrade.

Grimm

发表时间 Sun 20 Apr 03 @ 6:40 am
Not to dump atomix or anything ... BPM Studio and Traktor blow atomix out of the water when it comes to sound quality.

I still do prefer having atomix for its usability, customization and not paying up the @ss for a full version ($59 USD).

发表时间 Sun 20 Apr 03 @ 9:42 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)