快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: Equalizers

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Would it be possible to make to latest "Cool" skin with equalizers from the original skin?????
I kinda prefer the circle shaped equalizers.
Thx
YDC

发表时间 Wed 01 May 02 @ 9:46 pm
You do ? I think the knob EQ's are terrible since it is hard to tell where they are at ?!

发表时间 Thu 02 May 02 @ 12:40 am
i might give it a go once i finish trip's 800x600 and the request for a pro version of a skin.

phatty720
dave

发表时间 Thu 02 May 02 @ 10:08 am
Hehehe.. I'm not even near the final release of my first skin and you just gave me enough ideas for a second one.... Thanx dude!! :o)

I overlooked the knob-controls just as everybody else since the default skin didn't exactly have the nicest knob around (I couldn't tell if they were zero'd or +-10% ..especially since the smaller ones are a bit too small)

I believe that my next skin (or someone-elses if they beat me to it after reading this) will be a lot like the Winamp-plugins created by OhmForce:
a few large, easy-to-"read" knobs with distinct markings...
and I even have a great idea which just plopped into my mind.. something in the line of circular slider-like controls created with a knop and a clipmask(=a hole in the middle :)

This is the kind of creative thinking that keeps me from actually finishing my skin but I hope you understand that it'll all pay off once you see the skin as I "see" it in my head :)

PS to all skinners:
you're absolutely free to copycat the idea of "donut-sliders", would be cool to see them in action..
I just might create a small 3D animation to see how it will look .. I WILL make this new skin come true, it'll just take some time :)

发表时间 Thu 02 May 02 @ 1:51 pm
t2t, i've been thinkin' about donut or crescent sliders for a while now.. i just never sat down and tried. is it even possible? if so, i'd imagine a spherical slider knob would prolly work best

phatty720
dave

发表时间 Fri 03 May 02 @ 8:05 am
It's possible, yes.. I haven't tested it but the skin-engine has support for both knobs and (semi-circular) sliders.. not too sure of the parameters for those but I was either thinking of a knob with a hole(clipmasked) in the middle to show some sort of reference-cross.. and maybe, if the clipmasks are rotated with the knob-graphics, I'd add a indicator some distance from the actual knob, sort of like having a knob and then a circular scale/track around it and a ball-gauge sort of like floating in that track to give a better view of the setting.

发表时间 Fri 03 May 02 @ 9:55 am
Atomix-skinners of the world, listen!

I was having a look at the new and improved version of ReLoop by trancehh and someone posted a comment on that one that it would be great to be able to use the recordgraphics as a jog-wheel(/scratch-surface)..
..and that's when it struck me.. MORE knobs! :o)

How about having a songpos-slider in the form of a knob (it's just a slider with a different orientation, it should work :o)

... and I'm still stuck on the idea of making knobs with "satellite" indicators (graphics a bit out from the center, isolated by a clipmask)...
I had a look at a friends car-stereo amplifier a few days back and my first though was that the volume(/output)-needles on that one would make a pretty cool effect on a skin.. it's all possible, I just have to get the time to make all this come true :o)

发表时间 Wed 08 May 02 @ 9:09 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)