快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Mix contest

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

rebelUKHome userMember since 2003
So who here is entering the mix contest, and do u have to be a full version user to enter? it also says the file size of the mix should b no more then 1mb?! is that possible with that many tunes?

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 7:36 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
I thought it said 1 minute.

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 8:05 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Demo users are also allowed to join the contest (and win)

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 8:20 pm
It says only certain songs are allowed to be used.

Where are the songs available to download?

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 9:07 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There are no song available to download. You should have or get them.
Bye

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 9:34 pm
Can you use samples (vocals, breaks ...) of other tracks???
Do you have to use the original versions of those tracks?
It's an interesting contest!!! Will the winning mixes be available to listen to on the site?

GnoedeL

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 11:16 pm
To canadadan, no because this is copyright infrigiment.
To GnoedeL, no because this is copyright infrigiment..

unless you get the artists permission.

发表时间 Sat 13 Dec 03 @ 12:50 am
"There are no song available to download. You should get them. Bye"

hahahaha....so it turns out that Atomix is also a vinyl distribution company....the plot thickens....

发表时间 Sat 13 Dec 03 @ 9:40 pm
that's the most perposterous rediculous thing than.

it's actually a laugh.

how can you REQUIRE people to use certain songs, yet say that they must be optained yourself.

For someone to use those exact songs, they either have to own the album or download the mp3.

So, you've got to either buy all those exact tracks (which would greatly reduce the number of people available to do the mix), or you can download the mp3.

Why force certain tracks to be used if you can't provide the copywrite permissions for those tracks?

quite laughable indeed.

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 4:42 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Jeeze! They host for you a free contest, they offer up nice prizes, they don't charge an entry fee or anything... and you piss and moan about having to get the music. If you don't like it the way it's set up... DON'T ENTER!!

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 4:52 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I don't think so. I uploaded my mix today! Turns out I had one of the tracks in my collection. I also don't think there is a copyright infringement issue here as long as the tracks are not sold and the drop itself is not longer than 4 bars. I did my mix live in virtual dj with an external mixer as well :)

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 4:53 pm
Rick,

I agree! The only problem I've had is with the 1mb max I couldn't get my mix compressed enough at 160...

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 4:59 pm
that's fine and dandy... i appreciate the contest.

But would'nt it have made much more sense to have something a little more creative that WOULDNT interfear on copywrites of these hard working artists?

The dance music scene is already dying enough as it is. But encouraging piracy, which is being done indirectly is'nt going to help that.

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 5:06 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Do what I'll do... go to the record store... buy the ones in stock, and order the others. When they come in.. go pick them up..
How hard is that?

I don't see where a mixing contest encourages piracy.

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 5:54 pm
i don't know if mix contests neccesarily encourage piracy, but i think what Dan is saying is that everyone just knows that the majority of people will go looking on the internet for free versions of the songs first and buy the records/cd's second (and in fact, if it's on vinyl, probably won't buy it at all.). it's more of a sad commentary on how little regular users of Kazaa (or similiar softwares) value the time and effort the producers put into the music. but besides all that, i doubt the majority of kazaa users are even aware of the DRASTIC difference in sound between an mp3 and the original CD or even moreso, original vinyl sound, it was ripped from (yes, even the 192kb versions...hehe...). mp3 codecs are soooooo lossy it's almost a shock.

as an experiment (i've posted this in many other forums as well), i challenge anyone to download any song they want off Kazaa, then go buy the CD that the song was ripped from. there are so many nuances that are totally killed by compressing them it's almost criminal. you'll never use kazaa again except to preview tracks from potential purchase plans. and quite honestly, comparing mp3 sound to the original vinyl it was ripped from, played with a new cartridge, can't even be done intelligently. there is no point. but no matter how you hear it, mp3 is a poor substitute for the original media.

chk out this site for more information on the topic: http://faac.sourceforge.net/index.php

they have a comparison of the different audio formats (and even software you can download to do the comparisons yourself), including lossless compression formats. very interesting things on the horizon. i don't know if the music industries stand a chance anymore. but i digress...

end rant. :)

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 7:07 pm
So, to get back on track here, I'm interested in knowing if we must use all the songs on the list. Can we just use 4 or 5?

How about some more details on how mixes will be judged :)

Thanks!

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 7:17 pm
oh, nevermind... answer is in the other forum topic...

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 7:19 pm
i would say that buying these tracks wouldn't make sense if this program is simply a hobby. the atomix family is marketing to the pros. ones who are out there buying these lps on a regular basis. a sure way to keep this industry alive. encouraging us to keep on getting the latest tracks out there is good for the long run......keep those lps alive folks...

发表时间 Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 4:37 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Purchasing the tracks could be your investment. If you have what it takes to win :)

发表时间 Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 7:29 am
Homeboy,

you got that right...

发表时间 Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 6:44 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)