快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Conspiracy Theory

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

When i load this wonderfull program, and lets face it, it is wonderfull but maby slightly pricey, my comp asks me to connect to the internet and will not load untill i have connected or pressed cancel. This has never happened in earlyier versions and i would like to know why and for purpose this is

oh n on a nother tip, does any one mix UK garage?

sorry bout n e spelling mistakes.

DJ Java n Script MC
(online crew)

发表时间 Sat 01 Jun 02 @ 10:34 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
pricey??? Have you looked at some of the others?? This program is the best DJ bargin out there!!

发表时间 Sun 02 Jun 02 @ 1:49 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
It connects to the internet to look for updates and also Atomix is reasonably priced.

DJ Homeboy

发表时间 Sun 02 Jun 02 @ 9:28 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
what other package for $60 can play, mix equalise sample record and broadcast to the net all in one...

Nothin springs to mind.............

.::DJ Ben Jammin::.

发表时间 Sun 02 Jun 02 @ 1:18 pm
I must say also, Atomix is cheap! Do the research and you will find out!

Since nobody actually answered your main question...here it is!

To disable the automatic Internet connection, go into your browser, ie Microsoft Explorer, and under TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS click on the CONNECTIONS tab. Make sure "Never dial a connection" is checked!!

TreborTrax

发表时间 Mon 03 Jun 02 @ 9:30 pm
Sorry, correction.....Homeboy actually answered the question, just didnt provide a way to disable it!!

By-the-way....You will now have to manually log into your Internet connection via dial-up Networking or whatever, then open your browser!

TreborTrax

发表时间 Mon 03 Jun 02 @ 9:47 pm
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
AtomixMP3 connects to the net to do a few things....

Check for updates, and if I remember rightly, it also sends usage stats as well as tracks played ;) (Trying VERY hard to remember a convo in #atomix)

发表时间 Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 3:29 am
at the startup atomix check also if you're a registered user or if you are using a cracked version of atomix... if you use a "popular serial number" atomix will close after the splash screen

发表时间 Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 8:15 am
Whatever happened to the charts page? Is it still in the making?

发表时间 Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 12:17 pm
Rick: consider the data that they've managed to collect; filenames with almost random naming-standards as pretty much everybody has their own view on how their MP3-archive should look.
What sort of a list can possibly be created out of that mess of strings?
"
At first place today:
Artist: SLAM! (vol.1) 01
Track: V/A - Rank 1 , The awakening
"

It would be nice if they could make it work but I don't see how it's possible with the information that Atomix would have collected until now... ID3-tags would help but then you'd have a chart of "the most played, correctly tagged and hopefully correctly identified tracks" :o)

发表时间 Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 12:29 pm
Yes, but it seems that Atomix is best used with a single track naming standard. Artist - Title. (thanks goodness that how I was naming tracks before I ever heard of Atomix) So it'd seem that the majority of the users have probably incorporated this naming standard. Therefore, the charts would be for the most part useable.

发表时间 Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 1:58 pm
Hehehe.. even though I've found programs/wizards for renaming files following a certain pattern I have no intention whatsoever to rename the 1300-1400 MP3's I have that do not follow that standard..
I currently have a minority of my rather large MP3-collection following that specific standard or something similar since I only use ID3v2-tags to get the artist/title/album info.. and I believe I'm not alone...

Who has the time or patience to rename every single MP3 you download?
If you encode them all then that's a different story but even then I personally like another naming-scheme (artist_-_album_-_track-nr_-_title ) which ends up fairly well in Atomix but I wouldn't mind getting rid of those album-names and preferably choose which ID3v2-fields to show in the list (bitrate/samplerate, duration, style...)

发表时间 Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 2:24 pm
I received access to a hard drive that had 8000 songs on it.(of course they were all named title - artist) Mine already had 12,000 at the time... It took weeks, but I went through deleted all of the duplicates, then re-named all that I didn't have to match my naming standard. It's a matter of priorities I guess... once I deleted the duplicates, there were about 2600 songs that needed to be renamed. I did it without hesitation. I'd do it again if I have the opportunity.

发表时间 Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 3:53 pm

发表时间 Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 8:48 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)