快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Is Atomix Mp3 spyware???

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Why does this product have a need to connect to the internet every time I start it. My firewall is not lying. And if you don't let it connect it won't start. This is new with this version.

发表时间 Mon 15 Apr 02 @ 12:54 am
the software just try to check if there is any new update available.

But anyway blocking it should not prevent it from working.

发表时间 Mon 15 Apr 02 @ 1:24 am
alholioHome userMember since 2001
Steve,

When my laptop is connected to the network at work (and therefore internet), Atomix loads almost instantly.

When my laptop is at home and not connected to the internet it takes about 30-45 seconds for the Atomix logo to appear after double clicking the icon. It then takes a further 10-15 seconds for the program to load... if at all. When it doesn't load, I need to reset the laptop to ensure a stable platform.

I use Atomix live at several gigs per month, and this really starting to bug me... sometimes I only have a short time from getting to the DJ area to being ready to play. With vinyl this is no probs, I just throw some plastic on and start playing. With Atomix it takes long enough for me to connect the laptop to power supply and mixer. The last thing I want to be doing is then wait for the software which sometimes doesn't load at all... :(

发表时间 Mon 15 Apr 02 @ 6:13 am
I noticed the same thing but I have no load-delay what so ever:
I've blocked the Atomix-application so that it only has access to local connections and even if you don't have a firewall that you can control (i.e. at work) you can always add the hosts that Atomix tries to connect in your hosts-file and direct those host-adresses to your local loopback adress ("127.0.0.1 autoupdate.atomixmp3.com" for example)

I have been blocking theses connections without any problems starting or running Atomix so there seems to be another problem.. maybe it's your firewall that delays Atomix' startup cause mine doesn't.

发表时间 Mon 15 Apr 02 @ 10:10 am
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Turn off the "charts" option, which uploads the names of the songs you mix to Atomix for statistic purposes (such as a top-10 list).

I personally like the feature and want to see the final homepage version of it... top tracks would be really nice :D

See if you can make it so that when a trackname is clicked on, an audiogalaxy search starts with that... LOL

发表时间 Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 3:40 am
Yeah right.. that'll be the day.. I think they overlooked one tiny little thing: they don't read ID3-tags and pretty much EVERYONE has their own naming-standard so that list will probably just be random titles with misplaced (track-)numbers, album-names and artist-names divided in half or merged with the track-name with a track-number as artist-name..

They can't possibly make any good statistics out of that... so sending that info in the current form won't do any good unless the team sits down with every data-entry and reads/corrects/lookup and correct again ...which will never happen...

Without a proper way to read actual trackname/artistname-info (ID3, preferably the new and improved tags too) that simply won't work...

and saying that people have to conform to the Atomix naming-scheme would just make me laugh since their naming-scheme seems to divide everything at the first hyphen and it has no recollection of what is artist/track/album-names.

发表时间 Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 9:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)