快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: LCD Panel

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

So I've built an external controller for Atomix (double CD-player alike) which works but will only reach its full value with the new Atomix release.

It uses the regular keyboard port, so it should be compatible with about any system out there.

Now I would like to extend it with two LCD displays showing at least the songtitle, the tracktime spent, and the tracktime remaining (for sending that info across I think about using the printer port).

However, due to possible issues with addressing of two LCD displays, I might opt for one (larger) display showing both tracks (but that's still to be confirmed).

I've found some hardware and software instructions on the Web.

Still what's lacking to give it a go is information on how I can get the information out of Atomix (songtitle and time indicators).
Can someone of the Atomix Team help me out on that ?

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

发表时间 Tue 25 Sep 01 @ 10:21 pm
Corpse-

I posted a message earlier regarding your controller. I mentioned that TAB switches decks...don't know if you remember or not. Anyways while I can't help you with title extraction or anything, I was hoping you might be able to send me photo of the controler? my addy is harryhood@softhome.net. Also, a business proposition: is it possible for you to build another, cuz I might want to buy one!

The Goner

发表时间 Wed 26 Sep 01 @ 6:29 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you have a photo, can you please send one to me, too?

Thanks!

mama@atomixmp3.com

发表时间 Wed 26 Sep 01 @ 7:45 pm
hey that sounds cool me to at markis@virtuality.co.za

thanks

发表时间 Wed 26 Sep 01 @ 8:06 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Yeah me too please !!

dams@atomixmp3.com

Thanks a lot !

- Dams -

发表时间 Wed 26 Sep 01 @ 8:10 pm
Thanks for the advice Goner. I did read your post on that.

But the ultimate would be to have seperate controls for each deck. At "the critical" moment of mixing two tracks live it is cumbersome to first look at the green software led to see which deck is selected - I personally prefer to have seperate controls for each of the songs playing.

From what I understood this will be provided by the new Atomix version.

While we're at it, adding LCD is a nice-to-have in the sense that it would duplicate what you already see on the PC monitor so it's not a "core" necessity.

Some other add-ons I'm thinking about are the following:
- a trackball integrated within the controller (for easy track selection and drag&drop operations) (at the same time removing the need for having a mouse [and the space for it] at a gig)
- and I assume that a real pitch slider would be far more efficient than what we have as control buttons (increase pitch / decrease pitch) in Atomix now (here again I would require to feed a "pitch value" rather than a more/less signal into the Atomix application to achieve this)

If I would rate these enhancements according to my personal relevance, I would say:
(1) Trackball
(2) Pitch slider
(3) LCD Panel

About the pictures - you can expect some in a week or so. The thing works but I'm currently finishing the wiring from the PC to the controller with connectors at both the PC and controller side (similar to the cable between a double CD player and its control panel).
As the thing is currently in part disassembled to allow this operation, I need to finish it first to make a representative picture.

The nice part is that the controller is entirely reprogrammable and supports far more functions (read buttons) than what Atomix currently requires, so it can either be reprogrammed for use with an other application (type) or additional buttons can be added and configured.

In terms of Goner's Business proposition, let me first finish this one ;-) and take it above the level of "working proof of concept".
In this respect : I'm still looking for someone/a company that can provide the "real" buttons as used on a CD control panel to take care of the "esthetics" in the design.

Also, I initially considered this as a one-shot-project (i.e. not cheap) so it is definitely interesting to look (once all components are identified) at opportunities to bring the price down a fair bit (some of which I've already identified).
To give you an indication : my version comes down at something like 250$ expenses in total.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

发表时间 Wed 26 Sep 01 @ 10:03 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
DJ Corpse :

send pic too me : yannick@atomixmp3.com

but I can't think you can display informations like BPM, name ect.... cause that we don't have coded atomixmp3 for that !!!

发表时间 Wed 26 Sep 01 @ 10:49 pm
I'll do that Yan, but in the same timeframe as for the other requesters.

I figured it wouldn't be foreseen to "connect" from a 3rd party program into the Atomix application and exchange data.

Two questions:
* If I remember well, some time ago, it was mentionned in the forum that the Atomix owners envisaged the development of a controller. Does that still hold stand (for a future version maybe) ?
* Can it be envisaged to add a fastforward/rewind function + the corresponding shortcut keys in (one of) the next version(s) ? If that would be available, once a track is loaded all subsequent manipulations can be done without the mouse (i.e. through the keyboard, so I can add FFWD/REW buttons to my controller). (if I need to post this second question in the Wishlist forum let me know)

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 01 @ 9:24 pm
wOw
photo @ kote@pacbell.net plz
(looks like ure gonne be rich man)

发表时间 Fri 28 Sep 01 @ 5:23 am
The pictures were sent.

For those that received one, please note that I've added the names of the buttons in a photo editor.

I'm looking for someone with a sticker cutter/plotter which can make some cool tags.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

发表时间 Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 6:02 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Yeah cool thx !

- Dams -

发表时间 Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 6:43 pm
Very interesting. Could you please send me a photo at: jamesqbullock@hotmail.com.

Cheers.

P.S. What country are you in? If you are in the UK, I can recommend a very good company for supplying all electronic hardware needed.

发表时间 Wed 03 Oct 01 @ 3:18 pm
I've just sent you the pics. Let me know what you can think of in terms of feedback.

Thanks for the offer on the hardware but I live in Belgium.
In the meantime I did find a company that can supply large coloured (backlighted) buttons on the Internet.

Also I'm in touch with a person that should be able to provide me with the sticker cuts to take care of the button naming.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

发表时间 Thu 04 Oct 01 @ 10:16 pm
Hey if u don't mind can you send me a pic as well
boomentertainment@home.com

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 01 @ 10:58 pm
On its way

DJ Corpse

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 01 @ 11:30 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)