快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Volume levels of tracks driving me nuts

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Song 1: At full volume, Atomix reports -16.2db
Song 2: At full volume, Atomix reports -20.5db

Playing song 1 - wanting to mix into song 2?? HOW???

Unfortunately because I can't boost the volume in song 2 to match the -16.2db in song 1, it kinda puts me in a problem zone... The song I am mixing into will not sound as good because the previous song over-powers it.

Any suggestions?

I heard that normalizing all my mp3 files could help me with this?

But I am new to the whole "normalization" thing, and so I have no idea what 80% or 100% means, so I would have no idea what I would need to do to either of the above files to make them match.

Are there any good tools out there for normalizing mp3's? Do I have to convert them to WAV first? Or maybe they are working on a volume booster or auto normalizer in the next version of atomix?? :)

发表时间 Sat 10 Feb 01 @ 6:06 am
Some temporary fixes

- When you start mixing, set first song volume level to 33% - 50% of full level.. now when there's song with low volume level, you have now room to boost it playing at 100%

- Use a external mixer and use it's gain adjustment for boosting the song.

- Suggest a gain pot to be added to next atomixmp3 version for over boosting the song. (This will cause peaks to clip if peaks are already "normalized".. There will be need for compression for clipping then, propably too complicated to be added very soon)

I personally suggest to use the first suggestion of starting mixing with half levels in atomix!

Using two soundcards & external mixer has some bug that makes other cards output sound 22khz or 8bit or something.. I dunno if it's just my card (got 2x SB64PCI other being chipset 1370 and other 1371)..

发表时间 Sat 10 Feb 01 @ 10:06 pm
Well what I do is set the master volume at say -23db
and then most songs i can manually match the volumes to that since its pretty soft.
-16.2db from my experience is pretty loud for a track so chances are you won't find many other mp3s that loud.

发表时间 Sun 18 Feb 01 @ 4:25 am
I normally set my volume to around -23db and use a mixer to boost the output. I also find this helps with reducing the heavy Boom sound when mixing tracks, you know when you crossfade? Obviously if you don't have a mixer or an externak amp this isn't going to help.

I agree with the idea of Atomix having a gain function to boost output more than it does, occasionally you get a really soft track -35db and its a real mission to try and boost the MP3 by editing converting etc, a pain in the neck actually!

Adam

发表时间 Tue 06 Mar 01 @ 6:20 pm
i am just going over things that i have not read here before and all you guys should go here
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

good luck.....i use it all the time..bit of work but AWESOME results

发表时间 Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 10:00 am
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
There is a shareware program called MP3Gain that will scan your MP3 files and adjust the volume to be the same for all.

发表时间 Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 7:20 pm
see........even the last poster uses mp3gain......thats the link i posted above it.....lol

发表时间 Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 6:32 am
Dj VoxHome userMember since 2005
My god ! theres alot of noobs around here ? well if u dunno any shit bout mixing why are u using programs bla bla ??

Well i have the demo one and if i can send u some mixing that i made u will be surprised ! , i play for the best dj's ever like tiesto , marco.V, eTc, its really hard to mix for those perfect djs but as me i can cuz i like techno music and i feel what im doin !

发表时间 Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 9:52 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)