Ive sent a couple people promotional images of the 5 biggest DJ softwares and I told them "If you were a new DJ and you make 0 research, which software would you buy first" and Virtual DJ is consistently rated at the bottom
I'm not telling you to do anything but I just find it hilarious that you are objectively the best dj software but your marketing is so abysmal new DJs would never choose virtual DJ first unless they have 0 money and try laptop djing. Really cool features for VDJ 2026 Update 3 but bro wtf is that facebook banner?
I'm not telling you to do anything but I just find it hilarious that you are objectively the best dj software but your marketing is so abysmal new DJs would never choose virtual DJ first unless they have 0 money and try laptop djing. Really cool features for VDJ 2026 Update 3 but bro wtf is that facebook banner?
发表时间 Thu 17 Sep 26 @ 12:29 am
If only those type of visuals mattered when you have a professional gig.
While there is valid concern about visuals and image, I think most people who are overly concerned with that, and asking people what they would use, are weird. As long as the messaging is clear, why would you care if the image is AI generated or not? Would it make you happier if you saw favorite influencer as the banner? Why would that make a difference?
There are contexts where you probably wouldn't even know it's AI generated without someone telling you, so being AI generated is not really the problem, it's just the quality.
Ultimately, you are free to use what you want. If you have to hide in the shadow of what other people use or other people think of what you use (basically bandwangoning), then what value do you actually bring yourself to the world of DJing?
While there is valid concern about visuals and image, I think most people who are overly concerned with that, and asking people what they would use, are weird. As long as the messaging is clear, why would you care if the image is AI generated or not? Would it make you happier if you saw favorite influencer as the banner? Why would that make a difference?
There are contexts where you probably wouldn't even know it's AI generated without someone telling you, so being AI generated is not really the problem, it's just the quality.
Ultimately, you are free to use what you want. If you have to hide in the shadow of what other people use or other people think of what you use (basically bandwangoning), then what value do you actually bring yourself to the world of DJing?
发表时间 Thu 17 Sep 26 @ 1:00 am
I don't normally go anywhere near Facebook, but I had a quick look and I see nothing wrong with the banner. It's the one advertising the new Part 3 features, with "headphone woman" on the left.
What were the images from the other companies?
I suspect you chose them with a deliberate bias because you disliked the VDJ one?
Were the people DJs or non DJs? If DJs then there's likely to already be a bias there, from what they read and what they hear from others (or what they use themselves). Even non DJs may well be aware of certain brands because of the amount of exposure they get.
Also it's IMO a bit off to suggest that people just starting out would do no research and just blindly buy something (although of course it can happen).
What were the images from the other companies?
I suspect you chose them with a deliberate bias because you disliked the VDJ one?
Were the people DJs or non DJs? If DJs then there's likely to already be a bias there, from what they read and what they hear from others (or what they use themselves). Even non DJs may well be aware of certain brands because of the amount of exposure they get.
Also it's IMO a bit off to suggest that people just starting out would do no research and just blindly buy something (although of course it can happen).
发表时间 Thu 17 Sep 26 @ 8:17 am
Why do you act like it affects me? Or you, for that matter? We already know what VDJ is and already have our licenses. Marketing is for those who aren't in the know. You know, bringing new customers? It doesnt matter to me if VDJ makes 500 dollars a year or 50000000, I'm just saying their marketing is terrible, objectively. Now don't bring a counter-argument, I am unaffected by whether their marketing is bad or good. I was just trying to help and bring some constructive criticism and you act like I'm saying the software itself is garbage. Come on dude. It's very well known VDJ has a marketing problem but you just deny it for some reason. This attitude is what helps Virtual DJ NOT reach a wider customer base. In any case I dont care, but your attitude and way of looking at it are beyond bizarre.
发表时间 Sat 19 Sep 26 @ 4:10 pm
The concept of marketing was invented when you can't sell your products.
I don't think there is an issue with the second point...
I don't think there is an issue with the second point...
发表时间 Sat 19 Sep 26 @ 4:23 pm
I'm not sure which one of us you're addressing, but if you don't care then why make the post? If you're not telling them to do anything then why send the images and ask questions to those people?
Why word the post in such a negative way if you're trying to be helpful and give feedback?
Why word the post in such a negative way if you're trying to be helpful and give feedback?
发表时间 Sat 19 Sep 26 @ 4:36 pm
Damn guys nevermind, I dont know why it has to be that serious. Just thought the devs would say Haha yeah we know it's trash but it's fine like this. It's just I always get into arguments with other DJs online and they always say oh yeah I tried virtual dj in 2010 I prefer serato OR new DJs decide to pick rekordbox or serato and dont even bother looking into VDJ. My goal is to remove rekordbox and serato's perceived industry standardship out of peoples brains
发表时间 Sat 19 Sep 26 @ 11:13 pm
Tbh in terms of my perspective, I would just know what coulf brbdone to make their product/image better. There will always be people who don't likr because of stereotype - that'd not the aim in the question - just hoe to make things better for people who do use the product.
发表时间 Sat 19 Sep 26 @ 11:26 pm
BlueberryAlien wrote :
Just thought the devs would say Haha
Oh so it was supposed to be a joke?!
You thought that using terms like "worst marketing ever", "abysmal" and "bro wtf" would be funny?
发表时间 Sun 20 Sep 26 @ 9:53 am
groovindj wrote :
Oh so it was supposed to be a joke?!
You thought that using terms like "worst marketing ever", "abysmal" and "bro wtf" would be funny?
BlueberryAlien wrote :
Just thought the devs would say Haha
Oh so it was supposed to be a joke?!
You thought that using terms like "worst marketing ever", "abysmal" and "bro wtf" would be funny?
Yes. It's not a joke though but them acknowledging it would have been funny
发表时间 Wed 23 Sep 26 @ 10:00 pm
djcel wrote :
The concept of marketing was invented when you can't sell your products.
I don't think there is an issue with the second point...
I don't think there is an issue with the second point...
I think what the problem may be is the quality of advertising good or bad, that is how the user of any product feels reflects on them and how they are perceived by users of other products. I haven't seen the advert being talked about, just what I have found over time with other consumer products. Anyways, thought I'd pipe up, haven't posted in a long time.
发表时间 Thu 24 Sep 26 @ 4:35 pm
That would make sense if the poster would actually explain what is negative and how they would want it fixed.
Most times the poster just says "it doesn't look professional" or "their friends don't think it's professional", and it's up to the reader to decipher what that means.
That also misses bias in the mix - people who legitimately won't give product X a chance because doesn't fit into the common use group or doesn't do it the way product Y, that some common set of users use, does it (which in this field has an actual label - "Industry Standard").
The weird thing is, on discussion platforms for those other products, they wouldn't be much gentler pointing out a similar deficiency.
None of that is helpful to this product, and it is that the people here are clarifying.
If you have an actual problem with the product/advertising that is preventing your work/brand from being as good as possible, then feel free to say it precisely so that it can be addressed. Emotional statements don't fit into that - it actually works against your claims (and might even get you ignored).
Most times the poster just says "it doesn't look professional" or "their friends don't think it's professional", and it's up to the reader to decipher what that means.
That also misses bias in the mix - people who legitimately won't give product X a chance because doesn't fit into the common use group or doesn't do it the way product Y, that some common set of users use, does it (which in this field has an actual label - "Industry Standard").
The weird thing is, on discussion platforms for those other products, they wouldn't be much gentler pointing out a similar deficiency.
None of that is helpful to this product, and it is that the people here are clarifying.
If you have an actual problem with the product/advertising that is preventing your work/brand from being as good as possible, then feel free to say it precisely so that it can be addressed. Emotional statements don't fit into that - it actually works against your claims (and might even get you ignored).
发表时间 Thu 24 Sep 26 @ 5:50 pm





