快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Optional buffer continuity with the shader plugin
I noticed that in some cases, after switching from one shader to another, that occasionally a single frame from the previous one might "leak through".

I assumed this behavior was due to the way the shader plugin must handle buffers, and decided to write a shader to test the theory. The idea is a fairly blank shader that has one buffer doing nothing but redrawing to itself. The main image did nothing but redraw the buffer with a slight coordinate warp.

When I switch from one shader preset that uses a buffer to this newest one, there does seem to be a chance to pick up that previous data and re-use the residual image, which would open up a multitude of awesome possibilites for transitions and effects.

The only downside to this technique is that it seems to be unreliable and unpredictable; about two out of three times, switching to the new shader results in a blank screen. I assume that means either the buffer was cleared, or it pointed to the 'wrong buffer'.

I would love for there to be an option in the shader plugin to explicitly toggle the continuity/persistance of the buffers between shaders, such as a check box in the area that contains the Auto-Change and BeatMove toggles.

发表时间 Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 6:28 pm