快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: New hard drive
Hi - I know this was discussed in the past but having difficulty finding the thread.

I want to copy my Music with cues from my internal PC storage to a new hard drive. I copied the folders and thought if I copy the database then run the 'Add to search DB' on the external folders it will update the folder locations in the DB to the new path on the HD, however this does not seem to work. It looks like it just added all the tracks on the external as new and kept all the C drive references.

How can I get the DB on the new external HD to match my internal DB and just swap out the paths? The downstream folder structure remains the same from the main folder.

thanks

发表时间 Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 4:15 pm
Select file location in browser tree, right click, database, copy to.

发表时间 Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 6:52 pm
Select file location in browser tree, right click, database, copy to.

It will then copy all files and all the database info to the new drive.

发表时间 Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 6:52 pm
I originally tried to copy within VDJ (right click folder, Folder Operations>Copy to) and got half way through the process (left it running overnight) but then had to cancel it to get to a gig. When I when I went back to copy the rest VDJ threw an error that there wasn't enough space on the Hard Drive.

VDJ was looking to recopy the entire HD again which I agree there wasnt enough space, however if it ignored what was already there there would have been ok. Is there a way to skip what was already copied? This would be needed to maintain a fully backup of my music anyway.

Are you suggesting to copy the DB another way? I dont see a Database option when right clicking in the browser.

发表时间 Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 7:10 pm