快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: NS7ii MultiFX mappings incorrect
Hi,
New user, considering a switch from Serato to VDJ.
I've found that the mappings for MultiFX don't seem to work properly.
According to the manual here https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/ns7ii/layout/effects.html
when in MultiFX mode, each encoder should change the amount of the FX in that FX slot, and the buttons underneath should turn that FX slot on/off.
What I have found is that even in multiFX mode, the mappings respond as if I am in singleFX mode. The encoders only affect FX slot 1 and the buttons change the effect loaded in that slot.
Before I start learning how to map this myself in new software, is there some setting I am missing, or maybe there is some new setting and the old mapping file has not been updated?
Thanks for your help,

发表时间 Tue 04 Jul 23 @ 3:58 pm
I do not have this controller to test.

But perhaps you have FX Master A or B ... ON/Enabled , (which is button 42 in the NS7 II manual)

The mapped script for say the, FX2_ENC_LEFT is:
deck left var 'fxmaster' ? deck master video_fx_slider 1 : deck left effect_3slots_layout ? deck left effect_slider 2 1 : deck left effect_slider 2 

so for example, the controller's second encoder will only, operate the second slot's FX, is when both,
1) fxmaster is OFF, and 2) in multi-FX mode.

发表时间 Tue 04 Jul 23 @ 7:39 pm
Good suggestion, but no, already tried that.
With that set on, the FX encoders switch to video control as expected.

发表时间 Tue 04 Jul 23 @ 8:01 pm
Ok lets troubleshoot a bit.

1) create a custom button with script:
deck left effect_3slots_layout ?  on : off

This custom button should be ON (lights up when you are in Multi-FX mode.
Is this button lite up?

2) create a custom button w script:
var 'fxmaster' ? on : off

this custom button should be OFF (not lite up)

3) Use the default mapping for NS7II.

If all the above are true..... then the Left 3 FX encoders on the controller should control each of the 3 FX slots respectively.

发表时间 Tue 04 Jul 23 @ 9:33 pm
Thank you.
I'll take a look tomorrow. It feels like the flag isn't being set correctly, but the snippets you sent should determine that :)
Although, I will say that I was kinda hoping that the support team might have some insight here. It's not a great 1st user experience to say 'Nah, it'll work fine, you just have to learn the scripting language and troubleshoot it first. Totally worth the subscription price!'. I mean, Linux is free, and it's this kind of stuff that puts people off, even at that entry price :D
I guess it's all part of the decision to switch!
Thanks again for the assist.
I guess my question is, is this part of the usual user experience with VDJ? Or am I just a bit unlucky?

发表时间 Tue 04 Jul 23 @ 10:59 pm
Got it.
After playing with it some more this evening I found that I had to toggle multiFX on and off a few times without touching any encoders (did this after trying the first suggested custom button). This seemed to get the mappings to work correctly. Must be some issue with a flag not being read at the correct time.
TY for help.

发表时间 Wed 05 Jul 23 @ 7:46 pm
Great news that you have all working correctly ! !

You never mentioned which skin(s) you were using or testing.

发表时间 Wed 05 Jul 23 @ 8:54 pm
New user, so just the default. Performance, if that makes a difference.
I don't actually like all the red, but the other skins also look a bit lame in the screenshots. I'll give them a try when I get a chance.

发表时间 Wed 05 Jul 23 @ 10:34 pm