快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: External Hard Drive
Trying to import songs to the database from an external hard drive. I see it in the Virtual DJ folder, but the songs aren't coming through.

发表时间 Tue 27 Jun 23 @ 12:58 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Do you copy through vdj program?

发表时间 Tue 27 Jun 23 @ 4:35 pm
JD MOEHome userMember since 2023
user27381110 wrote :
Trying to import songs to the database from an external hard drive. I see it in the Virtual DJ folder, but the songs aren't coming through.

发表时间 Wed 28 Jun 23 @ 12:00 am
freppa wrote :
Do you copy through vdj program?

No, I was looking at the tech support and it said to right click choose batches & add to search database. I'm really trying to figure this out myself, without much luck!

发表时间 Wed 28 Jun 23 @ 7:27 pm
So going out on a ledge, here so take this with the grain of salt its offered.
VDJ should auto import those files to the database IF you've got them in the big window at the bottom.

Generally, I add songs into folders labeled by year and date. Some get added early in the month, some later in the month, but regardless, when I navigate to that day/date folder and they show up in the big browser window at the bottom, VDJ sees there are new songs in that folder, starts analyzing them, and adding them into the database.

But truth be told, all of the files I use with VDJ have been added to my internal hard drive, so I don't have any external storage for VDJ (at least for the moment).

And there may be an option to tell VDJ what to do with new media.... whether to start analyzing it, and whether to automatically add it to the database... (but I couldn't find it with a cursory search)

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 23 @ 4:07 pm