快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: DDJ-REV7 Problem Pitch Range 50%

发表时间 Sat 24 Jun 23 @ 7:20 pm
Great video showing the issue.

Lets troubleshoot the issue:

Is there the same issue for both pitch sliders?

Is it the same if Pitch range is set to something other then 50% ? (at that same position of the slider)

Have you checked the values (behavior) of the pitch slider in the mapper ?

It should go smoothly from 0.0 to 1.00 from the slowest to fastest, respectively.

It is possible you may have a bad spot on the slider, (outputting a low reading, ie slow speed, as your video shows)

PS
One can also check do the same check of the functioning of the Pitch slider, with Midi-Ox or Pocket Midi or any software that can display the midi data.

发表时间 Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 4:07 pm
The problem here is that actual pitch in your video got over 50% (I guess you had the pitch slider set to relative) You can see that on the screen where it goes 50.2%.
Since the platter rotation speed of REV7 is linked to the actual pitch of the deck, there's a limit as to what values it can accept.
In this case it's +50%. Going above 50% (sending a value of pitch greater than 50%, e.g. 50% +0.01) will make the platter behave unpredictably since the firmware is not able to correctly set the rotation speed.

So, this is a limitation of the unit.

We will try to provide a solution for this, so that it doesn't slow down like that, but most likely this means that we should "force" the 50% upper limit for all operations. In other words, your pitch fader would do "nothing" in the last part of your video.
It would stop increasing pitch at +50% and it would resume operation when you retracted it back to less than 50%
Capping the rotation speed at +50% but allowing the deck to go above 50% would not work, since the platter rotation speed is integral to how motorized jogs work.

One temporary solution for you would be to either make sure that you don't go over the +50% mark, or change the "controllerTakeOverModePitch" setting to pickup or instant instead of relative/gradual

发表时间 Mon 26 Jun 23 @ 9:35 am
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I use it as relative, and now I'm aware of the pitch. I think that locking it so that it doesn't go up anymore would be a solution as you said. Thanks!

发表时间 Mon 03 Jul 23 @ 7:40 pm