快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: stems split up and remixed sounds terrible
hello,

when splitting 5 x stems up each to an individual deck and mixing them back together the mix of stems sounds terrible > it does not sound the same as having the same 1 song on 1 deck playing by itself with all its stem components
however when stem mp4 files are split via audacity and assigned to individual decks with all stem buttons enabled on each respective stem audio track they mix back together seamlessly to sound like the original song
it appears that its a problem with the stem buttons accross multiple decks mixing

-if this makes no sense see this here below for an easier understanding

song - airi: they just puzzle it

deck 1 side A - song by itself playing, all stems enabled
= sounds great

deck 2 side B - only kick stem playing
deck 3 side B - only bass stem playing
deck 4 side B - only hi-hat stem playing
deck 5 side B - only instru stem playing
deck 6 side B - only vocal stem playing
=sounds terrible , missing low end oomph, sounds compressed and phasing

deck 2 side B - only kick stem from audacity playing with all stem buttons enabled
deck 3 side B - only bass stem from audacity playing with all stem buttons enabled
deck 4 side B - only hi-hat stem from audacity playing with all stem buttons enabled
deck 5 side B - only instru stem from audacity playing with all stem buttons enabled
deck 6 side B - only vocal stem from audacity playing with all stem buttons enabled
=sounds great

please help
>I would like to be able to output all stems individually without the use of audacity splitting them for advanced VJ use for extremely dialed in visuals in resolume
aswell as output split audio streams to a eurorack synthesizer style dj mixer for unparalleled jamming fx and synt madness

发表时间 Wed 17 May 23 @ 8:00 am
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I think it has never been the intention for VDJ to achieve what you are trying to do. It honestly don't see the point...

发表时间 Fri 19 May 23 @ 5:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Both methods should give the same result though, and I am getting that here too.
You are using stems 2.0 in both cases?

发表时间 Fri 19 May 23 @ 6:06 am
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
could it be an issue with gain (auto-gain) as the audacity tracks only contain the stem sound but using stems inside vdj the gain will be set on the whole track rather than the stem? (though I would have expected the "pumping" to then be on the audacity tracks, hmm..)

发表时间 Fri 19 May 23 @ 10:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Was thinking about that too, but as you said, in that case the opposite would be expected, where the audacity tracks will have different gain for each stem, but the vdj internal ones would have the correct gain based on the full mix.

发表时间 Fri 19 May 23 @ 11:32 am