快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Virtual DJ failing to load
Hoping you can help me out - I'm trying to figure out why I can't get VDJ to load correctly on two brand new laptops I just purchased. Both laptops are identical and having the exact same issue.

I'm running Lenovo Legion Pro 5 16ARH7H laptops with AMD Ryzen 7 6800H Processor, NVidia RTX 3060 Video Cards, and 16GB of RAM.

Both laptops are using a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64 with all updates installed, and I'm running the most recent public version of VDJ 2023 b7482.

Other than VDJ, I've only installed Google Chrome, Soundswitch, and drivers for my Denon X1800 Prime, Prime 4, Prime Go, and MCX8000.

When starting Virtual DJ the program opens, closes, opens again, and then closes again. Occasionally it opens and closes a third time.

If I go through this process 5 or 6 times occasionally I can actually get VDJ to stay open.

I've checked the Windows Event Viewer and I don't see any errors being logged when VDJ goes through this process. I've searched for a VDJ error log on both laptops but it doesn't appear that one exists.

I don't know what other details I can give you, other than that I have gone through the process of rebuilding these laptops twice in an attempt to solve this problem, and that no other programs appear to be having trouble loading.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 3:45 am
I guess I should mention that I had VDJ running well on one of these laptops since January. I made a mistake while trying to clone it and ended up breaking my Windows install, resulting in the fresh Windows install I have now.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 3:58 am
I would start troubleshooting by making sure that all drivers are updated (and the correct ones)
Since you formatted your laptop there's a good chance that some critical drivers are generic Microsoft drivers while your machine needs it's own special drivers.
Or it could be the opossite. That you installed some drivers that were not intented for your machine and while they appear working they generate issues under various circumstances.

So, that would be the first place I would check. I don't know what you did after the format, but I would start by going to Lenovo website and download/install all the drivers they have there listead as needed for my model.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 11:14 am
The Lenovo support site should allow you to download a recovery image for your specific machine.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 11:26 am