快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Slight freezes on MacBook Pro
I’m using a 2022 M1 MacBook Pro with the latest stable of VDJ. The last couple of weeks I’ve noticed that both on my Mac and on my Denon Prime 4 screen everything freezes for about a second (the music keeps playing). It happens very randomly when browsing, or when doing nothing apart from the song playing. The only thing that has changed is that I’ve updated to the latest MacOS Ventura. Has anyone else experienced this?
I’ve closed any programs that are running, turned off. Wi-Fi, turned off Bluetooth.

发表时间 Fri 03 Feb 23 @ 10:25 pm
I have a 2022 14" M1 MacBook Pro with macOS Ventura 13.2 and have not had any freezes, although, I don't have a Denon Prime 4. I don't have anything turned off and can run several programs in the background with no problems.

My Systems Specs;
Main System - M1 MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2022), Apple Silicon M1 Pro, 16gb, 500gb SSD, macOS Ventura 13.2, External WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD formatted exFat containing Music & Video databases. VirtualDJ v2023-m b7403.

Controllers - Denon MC7000, Denon MC6000 Mk2.

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 23 @ 11:44 am
Still an issue though Les. Several people have reported this now and I definitely experienced it during tearing.

@Adion?

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 23 @ 1:22 pm
@adion
@kradcliffe
I think I’ve solved it.
Things I tried that didn’t work:
Changed various FPS for skin and video
Changed cables
Tried Virtual DJ 2021
Tried different skins

This is the thing that appears to have fixed it (fingers crossed). I went into the display settings of the Mac and turned off Pro Motion and set it to 60hz.
It’s been fine now for 3 hours.

Could the engineers do a bit of testing around this for future releases?
Many thanks!

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 12:33 am
Weird one as Les has the same 120hz display but no issues.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 7:23 am
Yeh, but after experimenting I found that having my videoFPS set at 120 is a lot smoother than 30 or 60 FPS.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 8:09 am
As I posted in another thread I set the skin fps to 0 and that seemed to help. Not sure if that uses the display native refresh rate or not.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 8:14 am
Here is that demo again;

Demo of 14" M1 MacBook Pro

Running a music video on VDJ and several other programs at the same time.
You will notice that the scrolling text is moving across the screen smoothly.

It was suggested many years ago by Don Moir (TellyVisuals) to set the videoFPS at either the screen refresh rate or multiples of it, that's why I tried 120 FPS and it works for me.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 8:22 am
I had tried putting the skin fps to 0 and the issue still occurred. My video fps was always at either 30 or 60 when I was trying different things so was always a factor of 120. The thing with ProMotion is that the refresh rate is always changing to suit the need. ProMotion means that the refresh rate is constantly changing. Maybe this variable refresh rate was causing the issue?

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 10:47 am
It's a possibility. If it works now then great.

I got a gaming laptop with both 165hz and 60hz but I just set it to 60 as the smother screen display makes no difference to me whatsoever.

The Mac variable rate may indeed be the problem. Maybe Adion could chime in here.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 11:51 am
Another night without the issue, I’m convinced it’s to do with ProMotion.

发表时间 Sat 11 Feb 23 @ 1:44 am
Good morning. I too have experienced this issue after the Ventura Mac OS upgrade. I also use a prime 4 and did the latest firmware at the same time. Prior to both these changes everything was rock solid. I have made the adjustment mentioned here about the pro scrolling of the display and will report back after tonight’s gig. Fingers crossed.

发表时间 Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 10:13 am
Hi Dennis - did it work?

发表时间 Sun 26 Mar 23 @ 7:40 am