快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Ok, I'm completely lost at this issue..no script works?
I've been trying to test out turning on and off the RGB pads on my Kontrol S8 using Pad Edit, and absolutely not one of the these below works:

I create a new pad page - TEST, and I've tried these comannds in both Push Action and Color tabs.

toggle ? color 'green' : off
pad_pushed ? color 'green' : off
blink ? color 'green' : off
select ? color 'green' : off
down ? color 'green' : off

In the VDJ script it's says "Using command1 & command2 & command3 will execute the command1, then execute the command2, then command3"

But I can't get it to work?

The best I've had is under the Color tab; I got the first part to work, not command 3, so no switch off.

I was hoping I could use this to change the on of brightness for the pads on my device
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/250569/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Reducing_the_brightness_between_RGB_Pads_off___on_states.html

But nothing seems to be switching states when the pad is pressed?

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 23 @ 12:35 pm
on blink ? color 'red' : color 10% 'red'

sampler_pad 1 ? color 'red' : color 10% 'red'

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 23 @ 12:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need a darker (or different color) when pad is enabled (turned on) ?
Here is an example (to put in the Color tab of Pad Editor)..
loop_roll 0.03125 ? color 'cyan' : color 20% 'cyan' (Pad 1 of Loop Roll pad page)
or
loop_pad 1 ? color 'green' : color 20% 'green' (Pad 1 of Loop page)

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 23 @ 1:01 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
on blink ? color 'red' : color 10% 'red'

sampler_pad 1 ? color 'red' : color 10% 'red'

Neither of those worked; putting "on" in front of the command line, turned off the test pad in the push action tab, and resulted the same issue as before in the color tab, for both?

Is there something different about a Traktor Kontrol S8?

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 23 @ 1:42 pm
On PAD Editor, when you are on "Color" tab, uncheck the "auto-dim" option on top right side of the window.
Auto-dim is an option to easily "dim" the pad based on the "ON" action.
However, if you need more control over the color of the pad you need to disable it.

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 23 @ 1:49 pm
djdad wrote :
You need a darker (or different color) when pad is enabled (turned on) ?
Here is an example (to put in the Color tab of Pad Editor)..
loop_roll 0.03125 ? color 'cyan' : color 20% 'cyan' (Pad 1 of Loop Roll pad page)
or
loop_pad 1 ? color 'green' : color 20% 'green' (Pad 1 of Loop page)

This didn't work either. It seems to only react to dimming when the auto-dim in the color tab is ticked.
When I added those commands, the pads light is off in push action or only see the first state in color tab?

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 23 @ 1:53 pm
Does anyone have a solution to this?

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 23 @ 6:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I tried some of the actions above on the S8 here and indeed it would require several edits, losing Auto-dim and wouldnt make much sense to edit all Pads pages just to get a lower off color.
For next release we added pad_button_color n x% (where n is the Pad Nr. and x% sets the brightness for off color.
So,
- Reset all Pad pages to default
- Map all LED_PAD_N keys of the S8 (8 of them) to pad_button_color N 20%
- wait for next release (in 1-2 weeks or so)

The %x (20% in the example above) will be ignored in current Build, but will be offering the wanted color difference when next Build arrives.

发表时间 Sat 21 Jan 23 @ 11:16 am
Brilliant! Thanks so much for looking into to this further. So glad to know I wasn't imagining the problem.
Looking forward to the update, cheers

发表时间 Sat 21 Jan 23 @ 11:43 am