快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: New User Question - Understanding DVS Tempo
Hello VirtualDJ family!

I'm new to VDJ and am so happy to have joined you. I'm not a 'sync snob', but I'm finding myself finding VDJ's tempo behavior a bit difficult to understand. It's definitely a "me" issue, but "me" needs to understand =).

I'm using Technics 1200s and their +/-8% pitch fader...and what I'm used to is that "0% is 0%". In other words, if I start a song with the pitch fader at the +4% mark, the track plays 4% faster than its original tempo. If I want to get it back to the original speed, I move the pitch slider on the turntable back to 0%.

VirtualDJ seems, at least out-of-the-box, to behave a bit more like "X is 0%", where X is 'wherever the pitch fader is on load'. So, if I load a song with the pitch fader at the 4% mark, that's where it plays at the original tempo. This allows me to go 12% slower, but only 4% faster. I find this...tricky and not readily intuitive, even though I do see the value in it.

So, I've got two questions here. First, is there a way to have VDJ better reflect the pitch fader? I'm sure it's simple, but I'm learning too much at once, and while I'm sure this behavior is addressed in the forums, I'm not quite sure how to formulate the question into a search query.

Thanks for your consideration on this clearly-user-error issue!

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 3:25 am
If I understand your question, I believe that changing the, setting > Options > resetPitchOnLoad to YES will give you the behavior you wish.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 3:46 am

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 4:02 am
To answer your question more directly:

Yes, VirtualDJ's default settings have the behaviour of resetting the pitch by default without recalibration. That would mean if the turntable's pitch slider is not at zero, it inherits an offset permanently for the next song.

I found that these settings have gotten behaviour to respond similarly to other software with respect to DVS:

pitchResetOnLoad = No
autoBPMMatch = No
pitchRange = 16.0
autoPitchRange = Yes
pitchResetSpeed = 50.0 (anything larger than the pitchRange you'll normally use)
pitchQuality = 4
rampScratchTime = rampStartTime = rampStopTime = 0.0 (You need no turntable emulation, you are using an actual turntable)
timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend = No (this makes VirtualDJ's reaction to turntable pitch changes more instant)
timecodeSilence = 0.01
timecodeNeedleDropSync = No
Mapping the "Load" button on your mixer as follows (by default, clone_from_deck doesn't recalibrate the pitch based on the turntable's position):

doubleclick ? clone_from_deck & timecode_reset_pitch : load

You might want to checkout this video (transitioning from Serato):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-5qBsurQ0

There was another DVS setup video on Youtube but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I'll post it if I do.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 11:59 pm