快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Problem with headphone function
Hi everyone, I've found the following problem: I'm working with Virtual DJ 2021 on my laptop and using the Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 controller. I was still working with it last year, even made recordings. Everything was fine, everything worked perfectly. The last time was in August 2021. Now I had the great desire to make some music with it again. But I quickly realized that something wasn't right here. But very powerful. With the pre-listening function with headphones, you can constantly hear the deck that is playing loudly, you can't stop it. The CUE buttons do not change this state at all. If you turn the two controls CUE-Gain and CUE-Mix, the volume at the master output changes. That shouldn't be the case at all. I checked all the settings again and again and reinstalled the software again. The problem is always the same. I now only have one suspicion: Windows 11. The last time I worked with Win10. Then I upgraded to Win11. Could it possibly be because of that? Please help me, I just don't know what to do anymore. I thank you in advance

发表时间 Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 10:48 am
Did you check if the Numark drivers are Windows 11 compatible?

发表时间 Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 10:53 am
First of all thanks for the quick reply. But how or with what am I supposed to find out? There was no error message or similar when starting the software.

发表时间 Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 5:14 pm
But I had already tried to find a solution on the Numark website. But since Numark no longer has this model in its range and there is no firmware or new updates for it, this was a dead end. It would be very sad if such modern devices could be thrown away because of new operating systems. Wrong world!!!!!

发表时间 Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 5:22 pm
I've now sent an email to Numark, I'm curious if they have a solution for this problem.

发表时间 Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 7:50 pm
I doubt the problem is with the controller.

My guess is that your audio config is incorrect. However, you've given no details about the config you're using. Posting a screengrab would've helped.

Natively supported controllers are plug & play with VDJ, so setting the audio config is as simple as clicking a button when VDJ detects your controller and asks if you want to use the interface.

Even if you don't click at that point, there is a second vary large button in the VDJ audio setup area, corresponding to your connected controller. Again, you just need to click it.

A third option is to read the VDJ setup guide for your controller, which will also show you the correct audio config.

发表时间 Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 7:59 pm
Hello, thanks again for the answer.
So that with the audio setup is absolutely correct that this is very easy to set up. That was the first thing I checked too. I even checked and compared the correct settings on the Virtual DJ website. Tried other combinations, nothing helped. The suspicion is confirmed that Windows 11 is the problem. Found posts from other forums last night where there were similar problems with Windows 11. Different controllers but basically the same. I'll probably have to set up a dual-boot system with Win 11 and Win 10. This was also read in other forums.First of all thanks for the help

发表时间 Thu 18 Aug 22 @ 2:13 pm
FYI I'm using Windows 11 here on two different computers, using them with various controllers and live streaming with VDJ - no issues whatsoever.

发表时间 Thu 18 Aug 22 @ 6:34 pm
Hello, I spent the day today setting up the Win11/Win10 dual boot system. Also worked wonderfully. I then installed Virtual DJ, connected the controller and found with great joy that it was running again. It really was Win 11. It may be that it does not affect every controller. Unfortunately, that was the case with mine. Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you

发表时间 Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 6:28 pm
novadjsPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I"m having the same issue with my Roland 707M. Everything was working perfectly 1 week ago, but now it's not. I'm running Windows 11, has anyone found a solution to this?

发表时间 Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 5:40 am
I found the solution to my issue. In VDJ mixer tab (see image) is the "headphones mix" control. This isn't able to be mapped with midi (please tell if it can be) so it's independent from the the cue mixing knob on your controller.
dial the headphone mixing right down and that fixed it.

发表时间 Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 6:05 am
Oh, many thanks for this screenshot. I have the same problem, since the last VDJ update some days ago. I do not think, that this is an Win11 issue. I'm running an Denon Prime 2 and VDJ on WIN 10. After I saw your screenshot, I checked my settings and yes, the volume was down to zero. It must be a problem with the last VDJ patch.

发表时间 Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 12:01 pm
GharacDurac wrote :
Oh, many thanks for this screenshot. I have the same problem, since the last VDJ update some days ago. I do not think, that this is an Win11 issue. I'm running an Denon Prime 2 and VDJ on WIN 10. After I saw your screenshot, I checked my settings and yes, the volume was down to zero. It must be a problem with the last VDJ patch.

Same with me after VDJ updated, this issue happened. "My headphones mix" value was set to 50% by default.

发表时间 Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 12:42 pm
Finally, I have set headphone_volume and headphone_mix in the OnInit function of the keyboard. This way they are set automatically at start-up.

发表时间 Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 1:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The default for headphones volume was and still is 100% and 0% for headphones mix.
If this is not the case either a custom skin is changing it, or it is mapped in your controller and the controller changes it.

I do remember in the add-ons thread seeing some discussion about it, looks like Controller 2020 by Dennyo was changing the headphones volume:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/233816/Addons/Controller_2020_by_DennYo.html?page=16

发表时间 Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 1:12 pm

发表时间 Sun 21 Aug 22 @ 1:16 pm
Sorry this is a BUG in my skin. I have already upload a Update last week. But its in “pending review” . Please Atomix! Give the update free to all. So many people have problems with the headphones. I don’t now that this setting makes so much trouble…

发表时间 Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 1:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In general changing settings just by using a skin should not be done imo

发表时间 Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 1:44 pm
Shame on me.

发表时间 Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 1:52 pm
I've been trying to figure out.I deleted outputs in configuration. Master plus headphone. Then redone them and worked for now.

发表时间 Sat 23 Sep 23 @ 6:09 pm