快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: ddj-rev7 and outputting to OBS - Page: 1
Hi All

I had this working flawlessly with my Rane One, however I can't seem to get this to work 100% on my rev7. I think the hardware FX is throwing a wrench in this mix.

The 1st thing that's odd is that simply selecting DDJ-rev7 in OBS doesn't pull the audio, despite having ddj-rev7 selected as an output in VDJ. So my next choice was to add a new output using MASTER and sending that out to "Serato Virtual Audio". This works, however FX, sampler, and mic doesn't get picked up. And I can't seem to find a combination of outputs that gets everything working.

Anyone have any success with this and a rev7?

发表时间 Sat 04 Jun 22 @ 9:25 pm
I forgot to mention that in Serato, it works flawlessly (OBS picks up Serato Virtual Audio)

发表时间 Sat 04 Jun 22 @ 11:24 pm
From the VDJ Setup Guide:

"No adjustment is required in order to record (or/and broadcast) your mix with VirtualDJ. A record input is already pre-configured in the Audio Setup.. Just make sure the USB 5,6 Mixer Output from the DDJ-REV7 Utilities panel is set to MIX(REC OUT).

Open the MASTER center panel of the VirtualDJ GUI and click to the REC button (or BCAST for broadcasting) to record your mix
."

BTW you are aware that VDJ can broadcast directly to the major platforms (no need for OBS)?

发表时间 Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 8:50 am
thanks GroovinDJ

I've confirmed that USB 5/6 is routed to Mix out, and I've tried clicking on record as well as a broadcast and OBS is still not picking up the audio when I select DDJ-Rev7 as the source.

I want to maintain OBS as I have overlays and other things pertaining to streaming on Twitch.

The closest I get to having it work, is adding a "master" output to Serato Virtual Audio, and pointing OBS to pickup from that source. But, the problem is that FX, mic, sample, and instant scratch functions don't route through.

It seems like it's a routing issue, but I can't seem to find a combination of inputs and outputs to work.

ddj-rev7 settings:

发表时间 Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 3:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No option in OBS to pick up sound from the MIX-REC OUT input channels 5,6 of REV7 ?

If you are on Mac, check Security & Privacy (in System Preferences) ->Privacy tab ->Microphone and see if OBS is allowed to use "Microphone" - i believe this stands as Inputs, not just Microphone.

发表时间 Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 7:34 am
Perhaps OBS IS picking the audio, but the audio it's too low for OBS ?
Try to change USB output level (headroom) on Pionner REV7 Utility panel from -19db to something higher. I don't remember by heart what values are offered but try something like -6db maybe ?

发表时间 Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 9:51 am
Another option would be to use a virtual audio cable. I'm on PC but I use a virtual cable to feed VDJ audio into Resolume.

发表时间 Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 5:07 pm
You can't really do that with Rev7.
I mean first it uses an external mixer audio setup, and second MIC, hardware effects and instant scratch are audible only through the device. Therefore a virtual cable won't be able to capture them unless it uses the recording loopback from Pioneer sound interface. Which in this case defeats the purpose I think.

发表时间 Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 10:00 pm
ohhh good one with the mic input/security/privacy... unfortunately though both VDJ and OBS is checked to see mic input.

Also great catch with the USB output possibly being too low, I tried setting it to the max (-5db) and unfortunately it's still a no go

As for a virtual cable, do you mean like a virtual I/O device? If so, I have immersed, MMaudio, and Serato Virtual Audio all installed (and working properly in their own use). And while all of these will pickup audio in OBS if I set a master output in VDJ to any one of them.... the FX, sampler, and mic doesn't get picked up. It's as if VDJ treats "master" differently with the ddj-rev7. The same thing happens if I choose booth.

发表时间 Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 12:57 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You can't really do that with Rev7.
I mean first it uses an external mixer audio setup, and second MIC, hardware effects and instant scratch are audible only through the device. Therefore a virtual cable won't be able to capture them unless it uses the recording loopback from Pioneer sound interface. Which in this case defeats the purpose I think.

How does it work in Serato? Because it works perfectly off Serato (I choose Serato Virtual Audio in OBS and everything comes through).

发表时间 Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 5:03 am
My guess is that Serato passes the audio it receives from "Record" inputs of Rev7 then.
There's no other way

发表时间 Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 9:47 am
I'm not a MAC guy, but I had an "Aha" moment:
Try to remove RECORD input from VirtualDJ
Then configure OBS to use inputs 5+6 from Rev7

That's just in case OBS doesn't like to share it's inputs with other programs.

On Windows enviroment, that's the default behavior BTW: Only one application can use the ASIO drivers of a device at a time.
However on MAC that shouldn't be the case. But give it a try.

发表时间 Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 10:43 am
lbullioPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
I've purchased a subscription, however it's not working ??

发表时间 Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 12:19 pm
lbullioPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
I've done alot of troubleshooting, however no luck .

发表时间 Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 12:20 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I'm not a MAC guy, but I had an "Aha" moment:
Try to remove RECORD input from VirtualDJ
Then configure OBS to use inputs 5+6 from Rev7

That's just in case OBS doesn't like to share it's inputs with other programs.

On Windows enviroment, that's the default behavior BTW: Only one application can use the ASIO drivers of a device at a time.
However on MAC that shouldn't be the case. But give it a try.

No luck still, OBS doesn't list inputs 5+6 (or any USB channel for that matter).

I appreciate the effort though!

Hopefully a VDJ developer sees this and figures it out.

发表时间 Fri 10 Jun 22 @ 2:08 am
user23596150 wrote :
No luck still, OBS doesn't list inputs 5+6 (or any USB channel for that matter).

Hopefully a VDJ developer sees this and figures it out.

If OBS doesn't list any USB channels then either it's a Privacy & Security (Permissions) issue, or actually an issue that an OBS developer should check it and figure it out.

I mean VirtualDJ on it's own performs just fine and OBS is used with VirtualDJ on both MAC and Windows without issues by many users with different configurations.
It's always up to OBS to capture the sound correctly from the source that the user wants.

发表时间 Fri 10 Jun 22 @ 9:33 am
I actually thought it was a pioneer issue.... but the following facts counter that idea:

- everything works fine with my RANE ONE (VDJ & OBS)
- Everything works fine when I run the rev7 with Serato (select Serato Virtual Audio in OBS)
- OBS never had the option to select specific USB channels with any of my previous controllers

There's something with the way VDJ routes the I/O with my rev7 that's preventing it from working 100%.
For instance, routing "master" out to whatever I choose, should actually do that. Instead, it leaves out FX, mic, sampler, etc... That tells me that VDJ is routing something different, leaving those other things out of the "master" mix. If when running it through Serato, I experience the same thing... then I would totally be looking at Pioneer. I don't think OBS is at fault because it's just listening to whatever input I tell it to listen to.

I believe the problem is with how VDJ is routing the I/O on the rev7, which is more complex than my Rane one.

发表时间 Tue 14 Jun 22 @ 4:00 am
Bump for fresh eyes and thoughts

Not giving up yet.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 5:08 pm
send the master output or booth output of controller via a cable to an input of internal sound card set OBS to broadcast that input of internal sound card

Have fun :-)

发表时间 Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 5:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could use auxin and auxout to route the record input from vdj to the virtual audio cable.
Instead of the record input, write 'auxin' in the input selection box, then instead of 'master' write 'auxout' to the output to the virtual audio cable.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 6:28 pm
95%