快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Moving music library to new location
Hi
My desktop music library is on S:/data/music and I want to move it to a drive letter T using
Subsr T: S:/data/music

I also want to move my virtual DJ files in documents to a location on the new T drive.
This will make it a truely portable solution as I can backup my T: to a portable drive and use it with a laptop without issue.

1) as I already have been using my library and setting cue points for months, is there an easy way to remap the database to T:/. ?
2) how can I move vdj documents location to a location on the T: drive too and get vdj to start up using this location?
3) will my beatport or Deezer track metadata (cue points) move over as well?

4) how can I make vdj only search local files on T: as currently it is finding duplicates of all files on my backup drive.

Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Sun 15 May 22 @ 11:21 am
Hi, really could use advice on how to perform the changes without causing issues for my existing vdj database.

发表时间 Tue 17 May 22 @ 2:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can create a new VDJ folder in your new external drive and copy there all the files and folders you have in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder.
On Windows, you need to run Regedit, goto Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtualDJ and edit the HomeFolder registry with the new VDJ folder.

Then you need to copy/move your Tracks to the new Drive. Do this within VirtualDJ Browser (menu->File Operations->Move/Copy), so that the database of the new Drive also get updated (with your Cue points etc).

For History, Playlists you may have to batch edit the m3u files and replace the part of the Tracks path that changed, using some advanced Text Editor like Notepad++

to ignore a Drive from searching, look for the ignoreDrives setting in VirtualDJ. The value you need to enter there can be calculated with this tool https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=other&search=ignore

Best would be to backup your database and other files. See .. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/toolbar/index.html#createbackup

发表时间 Tue 17 May 22 @ 2:42 pm
djdad wrote :
You can ...

Many thanks for the reply. I'll give this a go.
Does the database automatically get pruned where files have been moved outside of the vdj database?

发表时间 Wed 18 May 22 @ 8:50 am