快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Variables as parameters to verbs
anbsoftHome userMember since 2021
I saw in a VERY old thread that variables could not be used as arguments to verbs, but I am hoping that has since changed. Though I cannot for the life of me figure out how it works if it has.

I'd like to do something very simple: use an encoder knob to step a loop (loop_move) forward or backwards by the length of the loop length setting.

发表时间 Tue 03 May 22 @ 5:31 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
param_bigger 0 ? loop_move +100% : loop_move -100%

any thread more that a couple of years old that says "can't be done" is suspect, given changes with script. There are less and less places where script can't be worked in.

发表时间 Tue 03 May 22 @ 5:39 pm
Yes that's what I thought too. But I so far have not been able to figure out how to do it. Can anyone help?

发表时间 Mon 09 May 22 @ 5:19 pm
what is there to figure out, the script is right there ^^^

发表时间 Mon 09 May 22 @ 5:36 pm
I think there's been a misunderstanding. What I want to do is something more like:

param_bigger 0 ? loop_move +get_loop : loop_move -get_loop

You see, I want the value held by get_loop to function as a parameter to loop_move, or goto (if I want to move through the song in jumps based on the selected loop length). I don't want to use a constant like "100%", I want to use a variable/setting.

发表时间 Wed 11 May 22 @ 7:15 pm
did you try it?

发表时间 Wed 11 May 22 @ 7:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you want to have the same encoder to work as goto -/+ and also move the loop in the amount of selected loop size, you can use ..
param_bigger 0 ? goto 'loopsize+' : goto 'loopsize-'

If this doesnt work. then perhaps it's not an encoder ? Which controller, which knob/encoder are you trying this ?

发表时间 Thu 12 May 22 @ 9:54 am
locodog wrote :
did you try it?

Yes, and it didn't work.

发表时间 Thu 12 May 22 @ 10:58 am
djdad wrote :
If you want to have the same encoder to work as goto -/+ and also move the loop in the amount of selected loop size, you can use ..

If this doesnt work. then perhaps it's not an encoder ? Which controller, which knob/encoder are you trying this ?

Thank you! I had not found "loopsize" in any of the documentation. Only things like "get_loop" and "loop". Where did you find that variable? Also, I never saw documentation indicating to place the sign after the variable, but within the back tick marks. The only thorough documentation I could find was the page with all the verbs. Do you have another source with these other bits of information?

Σας ευχαριστώ again from Saranda, Albania! It so happens I'll be in Thessaloniki next weekend.

发表时间 Thu 12 May 22 @ 11:09 am
Oof, I spoke a little too soon. This seems to work:

But this doesn't work:
param_bigger 0 ? loop_move 'loopsize+' : loop_move 'loopsize-'

Is there a reason it wouldn't work for loop_move? Is there another way to step the active loop's position by the loopsize?

发表时间 Thu 12 May 22 @ 11:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The 'loopsize+' is implemented as parameter only for goto action, so wont work with loop_move.
But if the original request was to move the loop back/forth by its size (and only when loop is enabled), then the one locodog gave you, should also work.

发表时间 Thu 12 May 22 @ 11:23 am
I see. That makes sense. Where can I find documentation that explains things like how "loopsize" is a special parameter to goto?

发表时间 Thu 12 May 22 @ 8:00 pm