快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: My wish - Warping tracks like Ableton
I wish VDJ could implement a whole new BPM editor to be able to accurately warp a track like you can in Ableton.

I believe this would be another game-changing feature like stems.

I know there will probably be a comment or two saying, "well just do it in Ableton then". I already do, but it's very cumbersome. You have to save a copy of the track into an Ableton folder, do the editing/warping, then you have to export the work as a new track.

Pretty please? With sugar on top? :D

发表时间 Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 6:07 pm
+1

发表时间 Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 9:17 pm
It would probably need to be like in Ableton, where a track is processed, and then a new warped version is saved, which you can then load and play

So a bit like when you currently edit/clean tracks in VDJ using the "Track cleaner" editor (or the "pre-compute stems" feature, although that is then automatically used, based on loading the original track)

发表时间 Thu 24 Mar 22 @ 11:04 am
klausmogensen wrote :
It would probably need to be like in Ableton, where a track is processed, and then a new warped version is saved, which you can then load and play

So a bit like when you currently edit/clean tracks in VDJ using the "Track cleaner" editor (or the "pre-compute stems" feature, although that is then automatically used, based on loading the original track)

I don't necessarily have a problem with that.

发表时间 Thu 24 Mar 22 @ 6:34 pm
+2

发表时间 Thu 24 Mar 22 @ 7:24 pm
+1

It wouldn’t even have to be a whole new editor. It could work by using the markers of an existing (manual/dynamic) grid to automatically create a warped version of the track in a new audio file.

It is probably not trivial to develop the warping algorithms from scratch, though. But maybe open source implementations exist?

发表时间 Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 3:03 pm
+4

发表时间 Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 8:27 pm