快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: Video skin that shows VDJ app itself
I would like to add 2 things in my skin.. a cam that records my decks (done) and the view of VDJ APP .. so you can show both the actions on the controller as well as the software..

I have done it in OBS, but it would be way better to have this in one skin.. Anyone knows if this is available/how to do this?

发表时间 Tue 01 Mar 22 @ 12:09 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I was actually thinking of this just before video skins were even a thing.
Then video skins became a thing and I sort of forgot about it.

I just tried a quick trial, and it needs a little researching, but results aren't bad for the effort required so far

this is a video skin

发表时间 Tue 01 Mar 22 @ 12:33 pm
further small test, included the png it follows colour schemes but skin needs a reload. png fixed some issues [vu bars etc]
seems sysicons are still an issue [the black squares] panel groups are an issue too.
Pad press will need looking at.

Obviously you won't see the mouse.

发表时间 Tue 01 Mar 22 @ 12:51 pm
You can use the ScreenGrab videoFX plugin
Probably much easier

There are also some 3rd party screengrab virtual cameras, such as SplitCam and ManyCam. That can screen grab anything, and acts as a regular webcam

发表时间 Tue 01 Mar 22 @ 3:24 pm
easier, true, but it's not a bad looking idea. I might work on it, the HUD style video skins weren't to my tastes but I really like the clean lines of the new skin and it's closer to my idea of a demonstration video skin.

发表时间 Tue 01 Mar 22 @ 5:11 pm
Hi - thanks for your help on this.. I have been fiddling around with it more as well.

3rd party (like OBS etc) seems a too heavy load for my laptop runnign VDJ .. it works, but creates a lag.
The screen grab function and use in the video skins should work indeed easiest ..
BUT -- I really feel a skin that displays 1 cam (on the controller) and 1 part for the VDJ screengrab, and with the wavelenghts, controls etc (like with "for Broadcast") would be awesome..

Let me explain why.. When you record your session and look at the recording, you want to understand how you selected songs, effects, what you exactly did on the controller etc.. Playing back your recorded set with those visuals is super handy... agree?

cheers

发表时间 Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 5:40 am
ok. have you tried obs studio? You can have 12 things on a screen . you can have virtual with a webcam beside it. stack stuff plus have lower thirds .

发表时间 Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 9:50 pm
Stretchincanada wrote :
ok. have you tried obs studio? You can have 12 things on a screen . you can have virtual with a webcam beside it. stack stuff plus have lower thirds .

I did .. but on my laptop if I use both OBS studio and VDJ it all becomes stuttering, lagging. I did try that on 2 laptops, same result.

My next attempt, .. use the video skin from VDJ (laptop 1), project on 2nd screen and use the HDMI (with "capture card" as input on laptop 2 with OBS. Didnt try it yet.. will let you know how that goes.

发表时间 Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 12:30 am
hey . I am here if you need help. I am always learning . the issue is your ram or video card cant keep up .. I have a few of the video capture cards. if you hit a issue with it i know a few work arounds

发表时间 Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 7:50 pm
did you figure it out . I played with virtual and 5 cams and made a skin plus ran visuals with a sample logo with green screen cut out.. I would see if you can up your ram on the laptop.

发表时间 Thu 17 Mar 22 @ 12:20 am