快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Trouble transferring VDJ settings to new computer

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

bryanPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Hello,

I've read the FAQ article on how to transfer VirtualDJ 8 to a new Computer(https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20to%20Transfer%20To%20A%20New%20Computer.html)
I tried the steps there but none of my settings or cue points were transferred correctly.
The first bullet point in the article says "Copy your music collection into the internal Hard Drive of your new computer to EXACTLY the same location with the same folder structure"

I used an external hard drive on my old computer to access my music with VDJ. My new laptop has a bigger hard drive, so i just copied my music folder into the music library on it. Is this why none of my settings transferred over? Would I have to create a partition on my new laptop's hard drive to mimic exactly how it was setup on my old computer?

发表时间 Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 8:59 am
You should move the files from the external drive to the laptop internal drive from within VDJ (right click, file operations, move or copy to) and it will move the database entries for those files over too.

For external drives the database is kept on that drive, not the PC itself. That's why the track info has not been carried over.

发表时间 Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 9:09 am
Could I do that from my old computer instead, and then just redo the transfer process?

发表时间 Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 9:15 am
Only if there's enough space on your old computer for all the files.

发表时间 Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 9:21 am
This worked!!! THANK YOU!

发表时间 Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 9:46 am
No problem, glad you're sorted!

发表时间 Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 9:49 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)