快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Disable last play/play count

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I posted about this a while back in the general forums, I guess it should really be here in the wishes and new features.

I'd like the ability to completely disable the updating of the last play and the play count entirely. I am able to sort of turn it off with setting a high HistoryDelay, but that seems to have an automatic setting that you can't turn off, where it still will update the last play and play count when you play 90% of a song. Even if you set HistoryDelay to something way higher than the song's total length.

It's still a bit annoying having to remember to never let a whole song play when I'm playing around with music. Having to randomly stop/start every song at some point in order to prevent it from updating the last play on me.

Setting to readOnly isn't a great option, because I like to add/remove cue points, change tags, add new songs to my collection, etc while I'm playing around with the music.

I've got a custom button set up to change between a short and a long HistoryDelay that I've been continuing to use. But really I'd rather have a custom button that turns off the updating of the history entirely, or have a flag to turn off the auto update at 90% of the song length feature. It's annoying for my workflow, I never want any song to update the history unless I'm playing it live for an audience. So I can keep track of which ones I've actually played for people, and cycle them out of the rotation for a while to keep my sets fresh. I don't care if I played a song while planning a playlist and then decided not to include it in that playlist. I want that song's last played to still be at the last time that I played it for an audience.

发表时间 Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 5:08 pm
Never mind, I never read your post fully. was going to suggest readOnly but you've mentioned it already.

发表时间 Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 5:19 pm
You scripted a button to modify your settings, you might as well go a step further and make a little powershell or bash script that will monitor / purge your history and database unless you toggle it off.

发表时间 Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 9:53 pm
Maybe you could script a custom button to writeHistory YES/NO.

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:00 am
There is a setting for this: writeHistory
It will disable the history AND the play count

You can also put it to a custom button:
setting writeHistory 1? setting writeHistory 1:setting writeHistory 0

You can also put it into the oninit mapping area of the controller, then it will just count, if the controller is connected

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:03 am
djles was faster :c)

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:03 am
I did try setting the "WriteHistory" flag to No, which prevents the Play Count from going up. But it still lets the Last Play be updated, and that still happens at 90% of the song length no matter what you set the HistoryDelay to. There doesn't seem to be any way to set it to not update the Last Play field at all, that you can toggle off.

I also tried setting HistoryDelay to -1 to try to turn it off entirely, but it behaves the same as if you set it to 0.

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:04 am
Maybe that's just a bug with WriteHistory=No though, and it's something that can be fixed by the devs?

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:05 am
I can confirm:
If you switch off writeHistory, then:
Play count will be disabled
History list will be disabled
Writing last play tag will not be disabled

Only the developers could change this.

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:07 am
Right, I'd like for the Last Play to not be updated as well, unless I toggle it back on before doing a live set.

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Will be fixed in next update

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:21 am
Awesome, thanks so much! ♥

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:28 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Hope they will be a separated settings, because not writing history is one thing, play count & last played is another one

switch off "writeHistory" then:
History list will be disabled
Play count will stay untouched (updated depending on "updatePlayStats")
Last played will stay untouched (updated depending on "updatePlayStats") Writing to tag following "setTagsAuto"

switch off "updatePlayStats" then:
History list will stay untouched (written or not depending on "writeHistory" )
Play count will be disabled
Last played will be disabled

发表时间 Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)