快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: Asking for a skin development advice

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Skin Development Question:
So i'm creating a skin tailored to my needs and I want to add a button that switch the scratch wave with the mixer channels so I can have the scratch waves on the vertical, side by side with the others scratch waves an have more visual control on the alignment of tracks.

My question is: which is the best way to do it?
set a "custom var" and then change the "visibility"
or have a panel with the elements... or a group...

发表时间 Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 7:04 am
You should put your elements inside panels, and set panel visible="" atrribute to follow a custom variable.
Please notice that panels have visible= not visibility= attribute

发表时间 Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 8:15 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You should put your elements inside panels, and set panel visible="" atrribute to follow a custom variable.
Please notice that panels have visible= not visibility= attribute

Thanks! I will do that!

发表时间 Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 7:36 pm
can also use conditions if its something heavy that you want to not "use" to make the skin faster.
condition=""

(you will have to use load_skin in the action then, to reload the skin,when you change condition)

发表时间 Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 8:11 pm
Generally, condition="" should be used for things that a user changes or twice per his liking (e.g. if he wants his waveforms on top of decks or on bottom) as it requires to reload the skin which is a "heavy task"
On the other hand visible="" should be used for things that a user is expected to change frequently while performing (e.g. switching between audio mixer and scratch view) as it doesn't require to reload the skin.

The main difference between condition and visible is that condition is only calculated once when the skin gets loaded.
If the condition is not met, then the given panel is not loaded into memory (ignored)
On the other hand, visible gets calculated constantly. All panels are loaded into memory, but they get displayed only when the visible condition is met.

In theory it's possible to use both condition and visible on a panel as long as you know and understand the differences of these and when they would apply.

Finally:
If you are going the condition way, you can also use groups. <group /> element can have condition attribute, but not visible attribute. <group/> element consumes less memory than <panel/>, but that's not something you should worry about unless you are going to build "the most complex skin ever" :P

发表时间 Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 8:45 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
can also use conditions if its something heavy that you want to not "use" to make the skin faster.
condition=""

(you will have to use load_skin in the action then, to reload the skin,when you change condition)

I was not aware of that =) thanks

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Generally, condition="" should be used for things that a user changes or twice per his liking [...] which is a "heavy task"
On the other hand visible="" should be used for things that a user is expected to change frequently [...]

The main difference between condition and visible is that condition is only calculated once when the skin gets loaded.
If the condition is not met, then the given panel is not loaded into memory (ignored)
On the other hand, visible gets calculated constantly. All panels are loaded into memory, but they get displayed only when the visible condition is met.
[...]

that is the kind of advice that I was looking !!! know a little more on how VDJ handle skin rendering helps a lot =D thanks PhantomDeejay

发表时间 Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 9:30 pm
So, I made it =)

think it looks nice and have a great functionality when mixing with controllers.

Thank you all so much for the advice

发表时间 Tue 28 Jul 20 @ 7:35 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)