快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Dual use for MIDI controller

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

FoilistPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have an Akai APC Mini controller, which I have been using with Soundswitch to control my lighting. As I don't use all the pads or sliders, I was hoping to programme some for use with VDJ. However, if I start Soundswitch first, the controller works for SS but VDJ cannot connect to the controller. If I start VDJ first, SS sees it but none of the programmed pads or sliders work as they should in SS - it's like all the settings have been over-ridden by VDJ. Is it and should it be possible to use the same controller for both softwares, and if so, can anyone help?

发表时间 Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 12:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Applications want to have full and exclusive access to a MIDI device. Therefore you cant have both SS and VDJ controlling the same MIDI device.

If you like SS and wish to have one single MIDI device to control both, then ask SS to fully implement OS2L and offer os2l_buttons (like ShowXpress, SweetLight, TheLightingController have), and then you can use your MIDI with VDJ and assign a few buttons with os2l_ buttons to control SS through OS2L.

发表时间 Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 2:59 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
VDJ blindly takes all access to all MIDI devices (even those not existing raising multiple errors in chain everytime a new device is connected to computer)
But no need of MIDI in SS anymore, use OS2l (supported by both)
http://fr.virtualdj.com/forums/230591/VirtualDJ_Plugins/SoundSwitch_now_supports_OS2L.html :)

One way (as you notice) being to use Akai APC Mini controller with VDJ and map/remap your controller free pads to send some os2l commands

发表时间 Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 4:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Nicotux wrote :
...use OS2l (supported by both) ...... to send some os2l commands

Unfortunately this wont work, SS is only using OS2L mostly to get Beat information and hasnt implemented the os2l_ buttons/commands

发表时间 Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 4:27 pm
FoilistPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Thanks for the clarification. I'll pester Soundswitch but at least I know it's not something I was doing wrong.

发表时间 Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 5:06 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)