快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Disco SFX for Sampler - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

AarotronControlleristMember since 2020
Hi all
I'm looking to add some SFX to the sampler pack - in particular, some disco FX, like the classic 'pew pew' laser, the double clap, cowbell, 'oh-ah oh-ah', etc. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
Aaron

发表时间 Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 7:54 am
I think your "pew pew" would likely be a syndrum, not a laser. Lasers don't make a noise (like in the movies).

Double clap? Just press the clap twice!

Cowbell is a standard percussion sound. Should be widely available.

发表时间 Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 8:05 am
..more clap (and kick ) built-in variations would be nice

发表时间 Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 11:40 am
It's quite simple to search Google for kick samples or clap samples - then you can choose the ones you like.

If they're "built in" then someone else has chosen them, and you may not like the sounds.

发表时间 Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 11:58 am
how do i make them work in VDJ sampler? Tnx

发表时间 Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 12:04 pm

发表时间 Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 12:45 pm
Can anyone help with this? Ie point me towards some examples?

发表时间 Tue 30 Jun 20 @ 10:13 pm
Help with what?

Finding samples via Google (type in name of required sound plus the word sample)?

Using them with VDJ (info in the manual)?

Examples of what?

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 8:09 am
its obvious that newcomers should not ask for guidance in this forum from the likes of Groovin. Simply point the specific instruction in the manual (which my self couldn't trace) instead of irony and bad manners. We are not all computer experts or professionals. Older users should be more tolerant and lenient towards new ones.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 10:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 10:52 am
'FlashbackDeejay' wrote :
my self couldn't trace

I posted a link to the manual. There is a search option for the manual. There is also an index.

Even if you cannot understand the language, the manual contains pictures, so you can easily see which page refers to the sampler.

There are also video tutorials available from within VDJ, several of which cover the sampler.

Learn to feed yourself, rather than standing with your mouth open, expecting someone to put food in your mouth. :-)

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 11:38 am
groovindj, I don't understand why you comment at all if you don't want to help. You say "Learn to feed yourself, rather than standing with your mouth open, expecting someone to put food in your mouth" - but isn't the whole point of a community like this for people to help each other, especially those of us new to the software and world around it? If you don't want to help, you could just stay quiet and let others help.

What I'm hoping for is that someone can tell me where I might find a 'disco laser/pew pew' SFX, a 'clap clap' SFX, cowbell SFX, etc. I have tried googling it before coming on here and have been unsuccessful.

(by the way, simply clicking clap twice wouldn't do the job of a disco-style clap clap - that is a fundamental misunderstanding of the genre.)

Hopefully someone else is able to help out a new user who is struggling. Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 12:57 pm
Aarotron wrote :
I have tried googling it ........and have been unsuccessfu

I don't see how it's possible to be unsuccessful, unless you didn't use the correct words.

What exactly did you search for? I gave examples earlier. Did you try again, using my suggestions?

I tried it when I posted those comments, and got results.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 1:04 pm
I tried those searches and nothing came up which was right.
Wouldn't it be easier to share what you found than be difficult? Then I can see where I'm going wrong.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 4:17 pm
Tnx djdad. My apologies for starting an argument. Personal arguments have no place in the forum.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 4:22 pm
Aarotron wrote :
I tried those searches and nothing came up which was right

When I search for kick samples here, I get more than 59 million results. You must be doing something seriously wrong to get nothing.

Likewise, a search for syndrum samples gives me 357,000 results. Cowbell sample - 575,000 results.

I really don't understand how it can be so difficult.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 4:33 pm
groovindj, I'm not looking for a kick sample so that's a completely irrelevant point.

Syndrum isn't providing the disco laser SFX I'm looking for.

You haven't suggested anything for the 'clap clap'.

Why don't you stop commenting if you are unable to help? It's ok not to know the answer, but don't ruin my request for help from other people.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 4:52 pm
It's like trying to converse with a brick wall...

I'm giving you EXAMPLES! Don't take it so literally. Substitute the word 'kick' for the sample you are looking for!

I shouldn't need to "give you anything" for 'clap clap'. Type it in yourself!

Here, I'll put the spoon in your mouth. Clap sample - 7,480,000 results.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 5:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
With the millions of samples available on the Internet, finding some particular ones could be indeed a pita, so a lengthy research is unavoidable
Just a few that came across here..
https://www.soundsnap.com/tags/laser
https://www.zapsplat.com/sound-effect-category/lasers-and-weapons/
https://samplefocus.com/tag/claps
and also check loopmasters.com , they have some nice packs, could have the ones you re looking for .. here is a helpful video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXPXraXR1E4

Perhaps you are looking for something special, but as previously said, you ll probably need to search yourself or wait if anyone in this forum could direct you to something better.

发表时间 Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 6:09 pm
groovinDJ - could you please stop 'contributing' to this discussion? You're being obstructive and potentially preventing people from helping.

No one "needs" to give me anything at all - but I have appealed for help on here because I figure there may be someone in here who knows where to find the samples I am looking for, as they may already be using them.

Telling me how many google results appear is wasting your time and no one appreciates it.

发表时间 Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 8:05 am
54%