快速登录:  

Forum: Addons

话题: Broadcaster GFX - Boilerplate (videoskin) - Page: 2
I've been using a modified version of this skin for a while now. There is one thing that puzzles me though.

One window is set up as a video 'source' and the other (camera) as a video effect. When I trigger a video sample, the sample appears over the 'source' window. Is there any way to make the sample appear over the camera window?

发表时间 Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 4:38 pm
groovindj wrote :

One window is set up as a video 'source' and the other (camera) as a video effect. When I trigger a video sample, the sample appears over the 'source' window. Is there any way to make the sample appear over the camera window?

Before (the recent video skins were added), everything was just one master video output "mixed together" of all the video effects and sources used.

What the videoskins are able to do is "pull out" parts of the master video output, and use that outside the main master video. Currently sampler is not supported, as its own "source" (if i recall correctly)

If I remember right in top of my head, the current available sources to "pull out" to own boxes or locations are source="master", source="deck", source="slideshow", source="camera"

That being said, you could "hack" it , and set source="deck" deck="X" and play the sample on a deck instead, for example a deck you dont use for mixing (aka a deck not used as left video or right video source for the master video)

发表时间 Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 5:13 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
it look to me like video samples only apply to master video whatever the audio deck is used by sampler
don't know how to play video samples on a deck. If there is a way would be fine to know

source='chanel' chan='X' exists too

There is a possible way to get sampler over camera (modified skin again and with limitations) :
- replace source='camera' with source='master' and activate master video fx "camera"
- replace source='master' (post-effect master) with source='deck' deck='master' (pre-effect master)
the final result (post skin) being unchanged

This disable any other video effect on new master video area because it is now pre-effects
by the way, it is not camera specific, but any video fx including camera
video fx still possible on decks

however it looks like there is no way to get sampler over both

发表时间 Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 8:15 pm
I'm into the same question as @Nicotux

When using 'Display Extrabox' and put in Shaders in Deck 4 Effects the shader doesn't respond to audio and will therefor not use autochange and shader's other functionality movin by beats. It only reacts if a track is played and slider has output on Deck 4
Is it a way to change/edit this so it will use master volume instead of Deck 4 audio?

发表时间 Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 11:17 am
Skyedotse wrote :
Is it a way to change/edit this so it will use master volume instead of Deck 4 audio?

Could always loop back the master and use as line-in (aux) on deck 4
But yes, currently its most suitable for "background" ambient shaders that are not beat aware

发表时间 Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 11:33 am
Is it worth to edit the skin into 720P if you only using 720P?

What are the preferences of shaders auto-change. Seems it only works with audio and not a timer?

发表时间 Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 11:31 am
Skyedotse wrote :
Is it worth to edit the skin into 720P if you only using 720P?

What are the preferences of shaders auto-change. Seems it only works with audio and not a timer?

You can add a custom pad page and have them change at any beat interval you like, I have 8 pads which are 2 Beats, 4 beats, 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 and the final pad turns them off

发表时间 Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 4:22 pm
Doesn't need to edit videoskin to 720p as VDJ resizes them to match the screen size once for all at load time
It is independent from the video

Yes shaders auto-change depends on beat count and so do not change on pause
scheduler does not allow repeat with scripts
but can be scripted anyway as a pad or custom button using script loop like this one
repeat_start shaderchange ? repeat_stop shaderchange : repeat_start shaderchange 25000ms -1 & effect_string 'shader' 1 +1
25000ms being the time a shader will stay up

prepend the script with "deck master & " if it's for master channel shader or "deck audioonlyvisualisation & " if it's for source

for audio only I do not know, but if shader is selected
deck master repeat_start shaderchange ? repeat_stop shaderchange : repeat_start shaderchange 25000ms -1 & effect_string audioonlyvisualisation 1 +1
will work

发表时间 Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 4:38 pm
Since I'm already lost. Reading SKIN SDK 8 wiki and try to figure out where to put the variables gives no clue.

What I'm trying to do is to have a shader as a background with involving deck 3. Timer needed since not using the audio at all on that deck.

So did custom pads with 8 different variables in ms. Due to lack of experience how to set it up it went to no success.
deck 3 repeat_start shaderchange ? repeat_stop shaderchange : repeat_start shaderchange 60000ms -1 & effect_string 'shader' 1 +1

发表时间 Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 7:47 pm
it's my fault
1) because i assume everyone knows about scripting
2) because i set toggle able every time

repeat_start shaderchange ? repeat_stop shaderchange : ...
is stopping any running script or starting a new one

using "deck 3" will make shader visible only if "deck 3" is selected and shader effect is enable
A background image for use as shaders background can be loaded on deck 3 too

it won't affect master effect, so that master shader will display if enable and won't change

what you need are scripts that disable any loop and changes the time and enable shader and one to stop it

deck 3 repeat_stop shaderchange & effect_active shader on & repeat_start shaderchange 60000ms -1 & effect_string 'shader' 1 +1
deck 3 repeat_stop shaderchange & effect_active shader on & repeat_start shaderchange 30000ms -1 & effect_string 'shader' 1 +1

deck 3 repeat_stop shaderchange & effect_active shader off

you may also need affect shader to video crossfader if you wish it to be visible when other decks are playing as well
"deck 3 leftvideo" or "deck 3 rightvideo"

发表时间 Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 8:37 pm
Thanx Nicotux. Only been on virtual Dj for a year so search and find info is nearly impossible since there is so much versions through the years and scripting changed.

Had been struggle with setting a shader as a default master background instead of the skins image with no luck. Only get the shader visible in the camera/action windows and can't use slideimage video as effect when shaders enabled. So I thougt that option didn't worked out at all.
That is my main wish

Also looking for an option to always open Virtual DJ with dual-source mixing as default.

发表时间 Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 9:59 am
the problem with video skins is they have their own style and features
Broadcaster GFX all have a background image

editing the skin is the only one way to change things

for this one you may for example add a deck on top of background
just after line 25
<background x="0" y="0" width="1920" height="1080" repeat="false"/>

<video source="deck" deck="3" visibility="deck 3 loaded">
<pos x="+0" y="+0"/>
<size width="1920" height="1080"/>
</video>
just before line
<deck deck="master">

this way everything in deck 3 will be in background including shader
(this is just an example may not match your needs)

发表时间 Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 11:43 am
Will dig into it Nico. Thanx a lot

发表时间 Tue 14 Sep 21 @ 10:48 am
in fact there is no need , it already exists in the skin

in deck 3 select and activate shader fx as video_fx
set variable '@$broadcasterGFXbackground' to 2

just use a custom button
deck 3 video_fx_select shader & video_fx on & set '@$broadcasterGFXbackground' 2

发表时间 Tue 14 Sep 21 @ 11:46 am
altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I am brand new to your wonderful extension - I have three questions:
1. Can you edit the size and placement of the windows?
2. Can you set the slideshow to run randomly or do I need to rename all the slides?
3. Where can I view the most detailed instruction on how to manage the extension? I plan to broadcast a radio show on twitch - no physical controller.

发表时间 Sun 26 Dec 21 @ 8:53 pm
altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Hello. I love boilerplate but it has started acting strange since I installed a big graphics card - camera works but swap funcion does not. To switch to shader or slide show, I shut the camera off rather than swap. I am using view 4 - this is a new phenomenon - ever happen to anyone else?

发表时间 Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 11:50 pm