快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Set prefader and postfader fx processing to be dependant on the crossfader position - VDJScript help
FuchiKPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey Peeps,

So lately I've been pondering on the dilemma of pre- and post-fader fx. Obviously, the latter is preferable for how to sounds, but the former is required for pre-listening.

What I was wondering is whether I can set a script attached to the crossfader to determine which is enabled.

I've got a Denon MC7000 but I'd imagine this would work with any mixer that has a trackable crossfader.

Assuming the values are 0-100 from left to right

How it should work is:
-If the crossfader value is 0 then fx should be set to prefader (for the left decks) after a specified delay (say 30 seconds)
-If the crossfader value is 100 then fx should be set to prefader (for the right decks) after a specified delay (say 30 seconds)
-If the crossfader is any value from 1-99 both decks should be set to post-fader

*note, depending on sensitivity, there may need to be a deadzone near the 0 and 100 values**

The way I see it, this would mean when you have the crossfader locked at the left or right you can pre-listen to the fx you are tweaking.
But, when the fader is midway, the FX and happening post-fader like you want.

This would all happen automatically and wouldn't require any direct input from the DJ

Can any suggest how to do it?

Cheers!

Ell ~_^

发表时间 Sun 17 May 20 @ 3:43 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
repeat_start xfd ? repeat_stop xfd : repeat_start xfd 10ms & crossfader 0 ? setting fxProcessing "Pre-fader" : crossfader 1 ? setting fxProcessing "Pre-fader" : setting fxProcessing "Post-fader"

but no way to get the button status

EDIT: but becomming f..ing dumb var addict cazy man
toggle xfd & repeat_start xfd ? repeat_stop xfd & set xfd 1 : toggle & set xfd 0 & repeat_start xfd 10ms & crossfader 0 ? setting fxProcessing "Pre-fader" : crossfader 1 ? setting fxProcessing "Pre-fader" : setting fxProcessing "Post-fader"

发表时间 Sun 17 May 20 @ 4:41 am
FuchiKPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks for this. After some tooling around I came to the conclusion that this doesn't work for reasons.

When you switch between the two settings while an effect is live, the system seems to kick some of the effect back through the channels. For example if you have echo on, fader fully locked on the opposite deck and you switch the setting, there's a burst of echo sound.

It's a pity because this would be a really helpful approach and this issue would prevent it from being switched during live usage.

发表时间 Mon 18 May 20 @ 12:46 am
BTW: The fxprocessing option is global. Not per deck.

发表时间 Mon 18 May 20 @ 8:49 am

发表时间 Sat 10 Apr 21 @ 5:17 pm
DJ MekuHome userMember since 2019
This is an issue i also wish could change: having fxprocessing options per deck and not just global.
My setup is Deck A&B set to post fader and Deck C&D set to pre-fader (so I can use the EQ & metering when I load up Maschine or any sound module/VST to play something live on C&D while still mixing on Decks A&B)

发表时间 Sat 10 Apr 21 @ 5:20 pm